C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory Seat Recall problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Bisha
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Memory Seat Recall problem

I have the memory recall set to function at ignition on and the exit recall is also on. When I turn off the car the seat goes back and steering wheel forward and up at I programed them to do however when I start the car the seat moves to its programed position but the steering wheel does not move and the outside mirrors are turned to the extreme left or right depending on the mirror. I have tried reprogramming many times. Thoughts????
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
CaptRat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seat memory corresponds to the key fobs. If you've programmed memory position 1 to your liking and the seat doesn't return there, then you probably have the fob corresponding to memory seat position 2 in proximity of the door rather than the fob corresponding to memory position 1.

The fobs aren't physically numbered, but the car knows the difference between to two fobs.

Rat
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Bisha
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Hard to believe that they knew enough to mark the C6 fobs but failed to do it with the C7. I hope GM knows it has a bit of an issue!

Get notified of new replies

To Memory Seat Recall problem

Quick Reply: Memory Seat Recall problem