C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Kooks Longtube Headers Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 04:49 PM
genv6.2gm
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remember when using dynos, dont look more at final number but the change between base number. also on a new platform, the difference between tuners are higher because the secrets and methods are not out yet.

i would imagine with the variable cam adds just another functional difference between tuners at this point.

i remember when i got my ls1 retuned the tuner was VERY curious to see what the prior tuner did in there.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:50 PM
daixloxbmw
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Wow, awesome results!!!

This was only with the Kooks headers, catted X pipe and TSM tune??? Sounds like a winning combo!!!

Quick question, would this combo (with the catted X pipe) pass emissions testing or trigger any CELs?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
remember when using dynos, dont look more at final number but the change between base number. also on a new platform, the difference between tuners are higher because the secrets and methods are not out yet.

i would imagine with the variable cam adds just another functional difference between tuners at this point.

i remember when i got my ls1 retuned the tuner was VERY curious to see what the prior tuner did in there.

You are correct in that the variable cam timing calibration affects the power output greatly. Fortunately with our experience in other platforms with variable cam timing, it didn't take long to catch on in this platform. That's one great benefit to being a diverse company with expertise in several platforms.

Originally Posted by daixloxbmw
Wow, awesome results!!!

This was only with the Kooks headers, catted X pipe and TSM tune??? Sounds like a winning combo!!!

Quick question, would this combo (with the catted X pipe) pass emissions testing or trigger any CELs?
We were shocked with the gains as well, I hope to do some testing with a catless X pipe in the near future to see what are to be had with that setup over the catted.

From my experience in other platforms utilizing the Kooks Green Cats, I have not had issues with emissions or CELs. The new Green cats seem to be extremely efficient while also maintaining an acceptable emissions level. Currently Kooks is still working on 02 extensions for the rear sensors, until those are released, the CELs can be disabled in the software (which may or may not allow you to pass emissions depending on your local laws).

Last edited by Rob@TSM; 11-23-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 PM
daixloxbmw
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob@TSM
We were shocked with the gains as well, I hope to do some testing with a catless X pipe in the near future to see what are to be had with that setup over the catted.

From my experience in other platforms utilizing the Kooks Green Cats, I have not had issues with emissions or CELs. The new Green cats seem to be extremely efficient while also maintaining an acceptable emissions level. Currently Kooks is still working on 02 extensions for the rear sensors, until those are released, the CELs can be disabled in the software (which may or may not allow you to pass emissions depending on your local laws).
Thanks for the quick response! So what is the price for the Kooks headers, catted X pipe and TSM tune?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:43 PM
yuri_Stingray
Advanced

Wow, that's a ton of torque! Was this with the catalytic converter? I'd like to hear a sound clip if possible? It would be nice to know we can hit those high of numbers with cats and still have it sound good.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Holy-Moley !!! With CATS too ? Where do I sign up ? Looks like a great X-Mas present to me from me.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by OddJob1971
There a lot higher than I got with my Kook's and a tune. I will say that the Kook's headers looked great and went in super easy. But my numbers were lower than that, 444hp/456tq w/ tune.
I would say that it's hard to compare results on different dynos.

FWIW...TSM is a very well respected vendor/tuner/builder in the GT-R community. They have put out some very impressive GT-R builds, including the One-Lap of America winner. They would absolutely be on my very short list if I was doing a big-build on one of mine.
S.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Looks just like the C7 I saw on Northide drive near Blackland! The only one I've seen on the streets if Atlanta.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:04 AM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by daixloxbmw
Thanks for the quick response! So what is the price for the Kooks headers, catted X pipe and TSM tune?
I am working on special pricing for this package, I will PM you as soon as I have that package together.

Originally Posted by yuri_Stingray
Wow, that's a ton of torque! Was this with the catalytic converter? I'd like to hear a sound clip if possible? It would be nice to know we can hit those high of numbers with cats and still have it sound good.
This was utilizing the Kooks Green Catalytic converters.

Unfortunately our media guy was out of the office during the pulls, so I didn't get any quality video. However I do have a cell phone video if that will help, the change is sound at WOT was drastic. This car in track mode at WOT, was louder than most H/C/I/E C6Zs I've been around.

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
Holy-Moley !!! With CATS too ? Where do I sign up ? Looks like a great X-Mas present to me from me.
I will have a package put together shortly!

Originally Posted by Snorman
I would say that it's hard to compare results on different dynos.

FWIW...TSM is a very well respected vendor/tuner/builder in the GT-R community. They have put out some very impressive GT-R builds, including the One-Lap of America winner. They would absolutely be on my very short list if I was doing a big-build on one of mine.
S.
Thank you for the kind words! The GT-R is currently our largest market which is why currently our name is so directly related to that platform. However there has been a steady increase in C6/C7 business since we announced our entry to the platform.

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Looks just like the C7 I saw on Northide drive near Blackland! The only one I've seen on the streets if Atlanta.
The customer took delivery yesterday afternoon and headed downtown for a meeting, so it is quite possibly the same car.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:31 AM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

Do you foresee being able to offer the Kooks C7 system with your customized tune via mail-order with a tuner program/cable?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Fantastic results guys !!!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:26 PM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by xp800
Do you foresee being able to offer the Kooks C7 system with your customized tune via mail-order with a tuner program/cable?
We are currently looking into that option.

Originally Posted by Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Fantastic results guys !!!
Thanks Chris!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

So this was all through the factory NPP catback? No heat issues?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:23 PM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by billiam01
So this was all through the factory NPP catback? No heat issues?
Yes it was, the factory sport exhaust. No issues what so ever.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 AM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SlammedC7
What kind of gains did you see with the headers and no tune?
Originally Posted by Rob@TSM
Thank you for producing such a great product. Manufacturers like Kooks makes our job easy!

Here's a graph representing the pre-tuning gains of the Kooks Longtube headers with a catted X-pipe.

I will add this graph to the first post as well.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:18 AM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

Looks like the tune (and tuner) is the special sauce here. Ridiculously great results!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:00 PM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by xp800
Looks like the tune (and tuner) is the special sauce here. Ridiculously great results!
Thank you! We are fortunate to have a great tuner with over 20 years of EMS tuning experience!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Kooks Longtube Headers Results!!!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Awesome Results! I live in NYC...How would this work and whats the price?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

What really excites me aside from peak gains is how much low end and mid range power is gained with tuning, more significant results there.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:22 AM
0Rob@TSM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
Awesome Results! I live in NYC...How would this work and whats the price?
PM Sent! East Coast Supercharging is just a short drive from you, I PM'ed you Chris@ECS's contact info.

Originally Posted by SlammedC7
Interested in a price as well, I might be out there real soon. Would make for a faster drive back!
PM Sent!

Originally Posted by C7pimp
What really excites me aside from peak gains is how much low end and mid range power is gained with tuning, more significant results there.

Quick Reply: C7 Kooks Longtube Headers Results!!!