C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP exhaust for non NPP C7, Can this be added by dealer maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

So on a non NPP car I would not even have the actuators correct? What about if I put on an NPP mufller set without the actuators or hookups, will the flaps run fully open or fully closed all the time? If they would be open, I would consider installing it without hooking up. Im ok with the loud exhaust all the time..
Old 04-27-2014, 10:26 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Anyone? Marco...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:34 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
So on a non NPP car I would not even have the actuators correct? What about if I put on an NPP mufller set without the actuators or hookups, will the flaps run fully open or fully closed all the time? If they would be open, I would consider installing it without hooking up. Im ok with the loud exhaust all the time..
Yes, the non-NPP cars do not have the REAR actuators, the front ones for AFM are on all cars.

I'm sure you can wire/block the valves open to be loud all the time, havent personally looked at the new actuators but I'm pretty sure at least one person has put a NPP exhaust on a non-NPP car and kept the valves open at all times.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:30 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by kp
Yes, the non-NPP cars do not have the REAR actuators, the front ones for AFM are on all cars.

I'm sure you can wire/block the valves open to be loud all the time, havent personally looked at the new actuators but I'm pretty sure at least one person has put a NPP exhaust on a non-NPP car and kept the valves open at all times.
With AFM controlling the front valves, is the car still a good deal louder with the back ones open? Im attempting to add the ability to hear my engine loud all the time as thats how I know my vehicle RPM. I have always memorized RPM sound to know when to shift without ever having to watch the tach. This car however is too darn quiet for me!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

With AFM controlling the front valves, is the car still a good deal louder with the back ones open? Im attempting to add the ability to hear my engine loud all the time as thats how I know my vehicle RPM. I have always memorized RPM sound to know when to shift without ever having to watch the tach. This car however is too darn quiet for me!
The only time the AFM valves will be closed is when the car is in V4 mode, so if you have a manual and never put it in ECO the AFM valves will never close.

Auto cars the only way to disable V4/AFM is to be in manual shift mode, or get a tune and shut AFM off.

I dont have NPP and the car is OK to me, I'm not into loud cars though. If I ran across a deal on an NPP with the rear valves I'd give it a try, mostly to see if I could get the stock controls to work.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:05 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Ok so if i understand everything correctly, (correct me if wrong) a non-NPP car has one set of actuators, which control the flaps related to AFM. There is no second set of flaps on the base exhaust. The NPP exhaust has two sets of actuators, one set of flaps again related to AFM and a second set of actuators/flaps specifically for sound. Correct?

So if an NPP exhaust was put on a non-NPP car, then you should be able to connect the first set of actuators right up assuming they are the same connectors. Since there are no second set of actuators on the non-NPP car, the second set would not be connected at all and as a result these flaps would stay open all the time right? And if so, would there be any type of gaping hole where the second set of actuators would go that would leak exhause out?

I plan to keep my AFM functional, but want louder exhaust ALL the time. Thats the real goal for me..

Last edited by FYREANT; 05-01-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:33 AM
tder1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so if i understand everything correctly, (correct me if wrong) a non-NPP car has one set of actuators, which control the flaps related to AFM. There is no second set of flaps on the base exhaust. The NPP exhaust has two sets of actuators, one set of flaps again related to AFM and a second set of actuators/flaps specifically for sound. Correct?

So if an NPP exhaust was put on a non-NPP car, then you should be able to connect the first set of actuators right up assuming they are the same connectors. Since there are no second set of actuators on the non-NPP car, the second set would not be connected at all and as a result these flaps would stay open all the time right? And if so, would there be any type of gaping hole where the second set of actuators would go that would leak exhause out?

I plan to keep my AFM functional, but want louder exhaust ALL the time. Thats the real goal for me..
Yes , you are correct. It's a direct fit with the AFM Valves. I have done the install on my car and the valves are open all the time which is fine with me right now. No holes or leaks. Just louder. No harness present for the NPP. I posted NPP Install Info with some pics on the main discussion board but don't want to cross post. Happy to see some Schematics and healthy discussion so we can attempt to figure the wiring.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by tder1
Yes , you are correct. It's a direct fit with the AFM Valves. I have done the install on my car and the valves are open all the time which is fine with me right now. No holes or leaks. Just louder. No harness present for the NPP. I posted NPP Install Info with some pics on the main discussion board but don't want to cross post. Happy to see some Schematics and healthy discussion so we can attempt to figure the wiring.
Link to your thread?? Also, did you by chance take a before and after video of the muffler sounds for comparisons? I would like to hear some clips of both exhausts from the same person to compare apples to apples for sound. Since Corsa exhaust just released, im on the fence right now with what to do. NPP exhaust can be had much cheaper though so I am leaning that way..
Old 05-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Link to your thread?? Also, did you by chance take a before and after video of the muffler sounds for comparisons?
Here's his thread, as you requested: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...tall-info.html
Old 05-03-2014, 04:13 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Theta
Here's his thread, as you requested: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...tall-info.html
Ahh good stuff. Thanks Theta! I just bought a set of NPP mufflers from another CF member here. Once these come in I will still need to get actuators and figure out wiring. More to come in this thread soon..

Ant
Old 05-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

No problem at all. I posted the schematics earlier in the thread, but if I can help in any other way, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:03 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

No problem at all. I posted the schematics earlier in the thread, but if I can help in any other way, don't hesitate to ask.
I wonder what the best way to get actuators would be. Parts counter? Prolly cost two arms and three legs though lol
Old 05-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I can see if they're available or on constraint, and maybe get you a price if they're in there.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Wow thats not cheap! Wouldnt the actual valve be part of the NPP muffler though? Or when I get mine in will there be no second stage valves at all? I may need to started a WTB thread for the actuators. now that Corsa just released their exhaust more NPPs are bound to surface on here..
Old 05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Wow thats not cheap! Wouldnt the actual valve be part of the NPP muffler though? Or when I get mine in will there be no second stage valves at all? I may need to started a WTB thread for the actuators. now that Corsa just released their exhaust more NPPs are bound to surface on here..
I'm disappointed in myself... I was in the wrong table. Let me delete that and get you the correct info... Damned AFM valves and Z06 parts tables...

Edit: Turns out I was actually right the first time around.

Last edited by Theta; 05-03-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Actually, you're not going to believe this, but it's true... Same valve part number.

AFM Valve (per):

GM ACTUATOR, EXHAUST CONT VALVE (MUST USE T/W 11546626 QTY 3 & MATING CONN 19119351) : Y07-67 $383.03

NPP Rear Valve (per):

GM BOLT, EXHAUST CONT VALVE ACTR Y07-67 $13.87
ADD
GM ACTUATOR, EXHAUST CONT VALVE (MUST USE T/W 11546626 QTY 3 & MATING CONN 19119351) : Y07-67 $383.03

NPP Right Muffler:

GM MUFFLER, EXHAUST, RH, Right (W/TAIL PIPE) : YY07-67 6.2 (LT1),PERFORMANCE EXHAUST(NPP) $846.07

NPP Left Muffler:

GM MUFFLER, EXHAUST, LH, Left (W/TAIL PIPE) : YY07-67 6.2 (LT1),PERFORMANCE EXHAUST(NPP) $846.24
Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

According to the part numbers I just listed, the mufflers and actuators are different part numbers and not 'assemblies' (packages).

You'll need to let us know if that's the case, or if you get lucky and get them thrown in - that would be something!

Get notified of new replies

To NPP exhaust for non NPP C7, Can this be added by dealer maybe?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:56 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

According to the part numbers I just listed, the mufflers and actuators are different part numbers and not 'assemblies' (packages).

You'll need to let us know if that's the case, or if you get lucky and get them thrown in - that would be something!
Well, its actually nice to know that the actuators are the same. That means I can find front actuators from a non-NPP car and use those for the rears. Give me a larger market to select from. Already checked with him and the actuators are not included . oh well. for the two mufflers shipped at a $600 price tag, you can't beat that with a stick! lol

what is this? : GM BOLT, EXHAUST CONT VALVE ACTR Y07-67 $13.87

Just a bolt??
Old 05-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

That's what it appears to be. I can try to double-check for you.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:21 AM
tder1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link to your thread?? Also, did you by chance take a before and after video of the muffler sounds for comparisons? I would like to hear some clips of both exhausts from the same person to compare apples to apples for sound. Since Corsa exhaust just released, im on the fence right now with what to do. NPP exhaust can be had much cheaper though so I am leaning that way..
I see the Link is up for you. I bought OEM from a dealer and the P/N's
20968760 and 20968763 include everything, Pipes, both sets of valves, mufflers , and tips, assembled for easy placement. I have no Vid but my Son has a Corsa on his 6 and I have to say they sound very similar to me. IMO I don't think you would want it much louder outside the car. Inside is very bearable at all RPM's. Decel. has a nice classic rumble and pop. I think you will be very happy with the choice.

Quick Reply: NPP exhaust for non NPP C7, Can this be added by dealer maybe?