Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How-To: Replace Front Headlamp HID Bulb

Old 08-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Taevon lee
CF Senior Member

Default Warrenty

What a pain in the ***! To bad itís not covered under the warrenty. It should be. I wonder who was smoking what, when that design was voted on.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:57 AM
bragusa

The dealer wanted $640 to replace one bulb. I understand some of the labor cost, but if you have done it and have a lift this would go much quicker. It was not like changing a standard headlight as it is time consuming, but not difficult. I was able to replace both of my bulbs with a brighter white bulb in 3 hours of leisurely work with no lifting of the vehicle for just over $200. You can get bulbs on Amazon for ~$75 each.
Standard bulbs Standard bulbs
Old 03-12-2019, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the write up Elmer and pictures bragusa. Now I'm ready to tackle replacing my headlights with the Osram Night Breaker bulbs.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM
Harvey White

Replaced both my bulbs this weekend. After 5 years, 5 months and 88K miles, one failed. As eboggs_jkvl and bragusa have stated/shown above, only the bumper cover needs to be removed. The only thing that I did different was after all fasteners were removed and the side marker light wires were disconnected, I reached up between the inner fender liner and the bumper cover and removed the bolt that holds the clip lock to the front fender. It is easy to reach with a swivel socket and once removed, the outer edge of the bumper cover is free from the tab locks on the fender. No chance of breaking or damaging the tabs that lock the top outer edge of the bumper cover to the fender. This is not a re-assembly issue, as once the front cover is removed, the bolt is re-installed while the cover is off. It took 3 hours to complete the bulb replacement. Also, since this is not a 15 minute job, good idea to start the car after replacing the bulbs and re-installing the headlight assemblies but before installing the bumper cover to be sure that they work. Don't forget to verify that the aperture moves (high/low beam). I found the bulbs at Rock Auto for $62.00 each (Philips, 4300 K) and my car originally had Philips bulbs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How-To: Replace Front Headlamp HID Bulb

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: