C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-19-2015, 06:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

How-To: Remove/Replace Exhaust Manifolds, Cats, X-Pipe / Prep for Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 PM
!00%DISVET
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have PNs for the "one time use" exhaust manifold bolts, studs & fasteners?
Old 11-19-2017, 08:23 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

kind of vague on removing things, like taking the starter off before the cat. how to get to the sensor disconnects, was a good effort, but little detail on how to remove items.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Pizz
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Theta, do you have the torque specs for all the bolts in the x-pipe installation? The other sections call out the torque specs, but this one doesn't. Thanks for posting this!
Old 04-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Pizz
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizz
Theta, do you have the torque specs for all the bolts in the x-pipe installation? The other sections call out the torque specs, but this one doesn't. Thanks for posting this!
I found this for the Exhaust system Torques:
Old 02-12-2022, 10:30 AM
ARAKNID
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

If you can write a how-to on this subject, you can most likely answer my question. I just recently bought a 2014 Z51(Approx. 6500 miles at this point) Someone switched the OEM mufflers for Flowmasters that have no NPP type of closure. The AFMs are still there. They are not working, presumably because the ECU is getting no signal from them. At the dealership (No one wants to trade) they gave me a quote for returning it to stock. The quote included replacing the cat back pipe. Question: Why would I need to replace the cat back pipe? If the answer is, "You said return it to stock. The cat back isn't stock.", then would it possibly be workable to leave aftermarket catback in place and return the muffler back to stock? If the answer is, "I would have to see it" , if you can, tell me what to look/listen for. I appreciate any help you can give me. My goal is to make the powerplant operate the way the GM developers intended.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:45 PM
NoXkuse
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Theta

anyone find am alternative replacement studs for the header to Cat connection Dealer is quoting me $160 for a set of replacement studs and nuts
Old 10-25-2023, 01:10 PM
NoXkuse
Heel & Toe

its been awhile here but i wanted to share this information for anyone looking
i replaced the OEM lower exhaust manifold stud with ARP part number "ARP Stainless Steel Accessory Studs 400-8019"
i bought them on Summit
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-400-8019
comes with 8 studs, nuts and washers. I haven't had any issue since install. i did buy new gaskets when installing high flow cats

EDIT
just so there zero confusion
im talking about these

Last edited by NoXkuse; 10-25-2023 at 04:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yourconfused (10-31-2023)

Quick Reply: How-To: Remove/Replace Exhaust Manifolds, Cats, X-Pipe / Prep for Header Install