C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vengeance Racing @ WannaGOFAST- Texas | VR C7 Goes 171MPH with stock internals!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Vengeance Racing @ WannaGOFAST- Texas | VR C7 Goes 171MPH with stock internals!!

We had so much fun half-mile racing with our customers in Chicago that we just had to load up the rigs and head to Texas. Like Chicago, it was HOT (5000' DA/1.10 Correction) but it was also AMAZING. The venue was fantastic, the action was intense, and we had a great time meeting with our friends, racers, and peers in the Texas heat.

The Vengeance Racing crew was out in full force, bringing everything from an All Motor C5Z to our blown C7. Several customers set new personal bests and we were lucky enough to roll back to Atlanta with a slew of awards. Our own C7 ran a best of 171. Unfortunately I was only able to make two passes.. the first pass I missed 5th gear (yes, I know)... The 2nd pass I sprayed 100 shot and short shifted fifth. This resulted in the 171mph run. After that I was back to driving our customers twin turbo Z06 so I tossed the keys to all of our staff as well as Blake (owner WannaGOFAST) and let them toy around with the 890rwhp boost only.....I believe the car made 9 or 10 passes all in all without a single hiccup. Our custom Wiseco pistons are starting to collect dust around here....

Randy's TT Z06 went 186MPH on boost only, taking home the fastest sponsor RWD and fastest sponsor manual trophies. This was my first time driving this car so there is more in it, I just need a bit of seat time to get acquainted.

Eddie's 474 cubic-inch C5Z reset the WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile All Motor record running 173mph backed up with a 171.9! There was a lot to see, so we'll just let the pictures do the talking...

Until next time...
Old 07-22-2014, 07:37 PM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

How many miles have you put on that car with the stock bottom end?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

3500 on the odometer so far..... NONE of them have been easy miles either. TONS of dyno time- 1/4 mile racing- 1/2 mile racing... LOTS of customer ride alongs etc etc.

This picture was taken the day of delivery with 4 miles on the odometer.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
3500 on the odometer so far..... NONE of them have been easy miles either. TONS of dyno time- 1/4 mile racing- 1/2 mile racing... LOTS of customer ride alongs etc etc.

This picture was taken the day of delivery with 4 miles on the odometer.

Nice! So i should have nothing to worry about for longevity around 700whp

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing @ WannaGOFAST- Texas | VR C7 Goes 171MPH with stock internals!!

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing @ WannaGOFAST- Texas | VR C7 Goes 171MPH with stock internals!!