C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa X Pipe and stock NPP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 04:20 PM
corvettekrzy
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Modshack
The X pipe removes the resonators for one..
I watch the install of Corsa X pipe and looks like these are not resonators but catalytic converters.
Could someone in the know verify this?

By the way, Borla sell an X pipe for 2014+ Corvette at a lower price of $358. The Corsa X pipe sells for about $500.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:16 AM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANK121

Please verify:

1. Bolt on Corsa x-pipe, no cutting or modifications needed to stock exhaust? Yes
2. Will not produce any engine codes? No reports to date
3. Tuning not required? No reports to date
4. Will work on the NPP performance exhaust? Yes
5. Sound and seat of the pants difference in performance? Sound increase will we very noticeable in TR MODE , but HP is only around 10hp.

If it does work I see a lot of these being ordered?

This information has been confirmed by Corsa, will verify this week.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

I'd be interested to know if you can use the Corsa Xpipe with ARH long tube headers instead of the one you get with the headers
Old 09-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

I got feedback from Corsa also~
Adding the double x-pipe to your existing NPP system should net a deeper overall tone when the system is open and increased hp over factory. The factory single x-pipe also has 2 large restrictions with 2 non monitored secondary cats.
I watched the x-pipe install video on YouTube for it also from Corsa and it seems very straight forward, remove the under body brace, a few bolts on the exhaust, slide out, slide in, and re-assemble.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:33 AM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the corsa x pipe is 3" and borla is 2.75" so that does it for me......corsa as long as there are no code issues.............
Old 09-07-2014, 10:12 PM
C7vette2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Be Quick Racing
I got feedback from Corsa also~
Adding the double x-pipe to your existing NPP system should net a deeper overall tone when the system is open and increased hp over factory. The factory single x-pipe also has 2 large restrictions with 2 non monitored secondary cats.
I watched the x-pipe install video on YouTube for it also from Corsa and it seems very straight forward, remove the under body brace, a few bolts on the exhaust, slide out, slide in, and re-assemble.
I have done a removal of the secondary cats and installed another xpipe in place, but the sound of it is more soft and not as deep as the original NPP system. A secondary xpipe just smooths out the sound from a muscle car sound into something more bearable but not deepening it.

Also, No codes or CEL came up as now i have had this setup for 3 days but now again i am just going to go with straight pipes in place of the 2nd set of cats to try and achieve a better and louder sound as i had from my GTO.

I believe the corsa system mainly gets its sound for the mufflers and NOT the mid double helix pipe.

BTW, the secondary cats are restricted via a metal honey comb structure inside with no sensors. Hope this review helps those in search of a deeper tone.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:24 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Muuhaha
very interested in this!
ditto, NNP doesn't sound aggressive enough, stock 5.0L sound much more intimidating.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:20 PM
culpeperbob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CSEVEN
I was wondering if anyone has installed a corsa x pipe with the stock NPP.

I have confirm the x pipe will bolt right in, just wondering if anyone has any personal experience.
Yes, easy install, fits right in and the exhaust sounds better.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 PM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by culpeperbob
Yes, easy install, fits right in and the exhaust sounds better.
sounds better? does that mean louder?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:29 PM
C7vette2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope not louder, just a smoother more exotic sound. I ended up switch back to straight pipes in place of the cats and now it sound mean and throaty, also no code probs either.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:16 AM
culpeperbob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by #1c6
sounds better? does that mean louder?
I think it sounds better and louder and as the other guy replied, no problems with any computers. I would like the exhaust to be louder but the only system I have heard is the Corsa mufflers. Personally I am not spending the approx. $1,800 for two mufflers. I'll wait and see if someone comes up with loud mufflers at a more reasonable price. Even Flowmaster which is cheaper but even they say their system isn't louder than the present system and that system is over $900.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Have a sound clip? Interested in this as well - double helixx or is there a simple x-pipe they offer?
Old 09-18-2014, 07:06 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Default Results

Fits in trunk and about 10 pounds lighter than stock
Attached Images  

Last edited by CSEVEN; 09-18-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

looks REALLY nice too. great mandrel bending, and each pipe appears to be one-piece, versus multiple pieces welded together.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:14 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Default Bolt

Easy bolt onto stock NPP, took 15 minutes to let the exhaust cool down and 30 minutes to install with air tools

Sounds amazing and the throttle response improved, maybe having the AFe CAI helps!!!!

Cold start:

Attached Images  

Last edited by CSEVEN; 09-18-2014 at 07:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yourconfused (12-01-2018)
Old 09-18-2014, 07:24 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Translator
looks REALLY nice too. great mandrel bending, and each pipe appears to be one-piece, versus multiple pieces welded together.
Yes it is one piece on each side with perfect tig welds, stack of dimes!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Wow, is it just me, or does this sound quite a bit louder/throatier than with the stock X pipe? Hard to tell from computer speakers, but it sounds that way. No issues with the two other cats/resonators being removed with codes/02 sensors? when you have some time, please record some WOT runs from outside and inside the car. Great job.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa X Pipe and stock NPP

Old 09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

This is an AWESOME value, when compared with a full cat-back. I would also bet that more power/flow is added just by replacing the X pipe, than the NPP rear section. The stock X pipe might just be the weakest link in the entire exhaust system, dollar for dollar.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:58 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Wow, is it just me, or does this sound quite a bit louder/throatier than with the stock X pipe? Hard to tell from computer speakers, but it sounds that way. No issues with the two other cats/resonators being removed with codes/02 sensors? when you have some time, please record some WOT runs from outside and inside the car. Great job.
The tone is the same , but at least. 20 % louder in TR mode! 3" double x scavenges like a boss , most impressive thing is the throttle response
Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

This is an AWESOME value, when compared with a full cat-back. I would also bet that more power/flow is added just by replacing the X pipe, than the NPP rear section. The stock X pipe might just be the weakest link in the entire exhaust system, dollar for dollar.
Corsa claims a 20% improvement with flow with the x pipe I think AFE and the corsa x pipe is great combo for short money

Quick Reply: Corsa X Pipe and stock NPP