C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Shift Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 PM
pamorr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto Shift Problem

Sent to: gmprioritycare@gm.com. Hope I finally get a fix for this.

Dear Sir/Madam:
Vehicle Identification: 1G1YM2D78E5135403. This corvette was purchased from Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, FL on August 18, 2014.
In August and September of 2014 the car would not shift from park to reverse or any other gear after sitting for around three days. To get into gear it was necessary to punch the accelerator and quickly shift into reverse. Then it goes into reverse with a thud.
I took it to Stingray Chevrolet on 10/06/2014 and they could not verify this problem. They state they called TAC and found two related cases and Stingray should clean the valve body; their case #71-1369656252. I took the car home and drove it for several weeks when the same problem occurred two more times before January 2015. Both times it happened after sitting in the garage three or more days. Finally in January I tried shifting into reverse immediately after starting. This solved the problem until I washed the car on a Sunday afternoon, put the car back into the garage and didn’t get to try starting until the following Wednesday afternoon. This time it would not shift into gear even though I shifted immediately after starting. I had to punch the accelerator and quickly shift into gear. It went into reverse with a thud. This can’t be good for the transmission.
I took it back to Stingray Chevrolet on June 15, 2015 and asked them to park it for three days and then see if they had the problem. Again they were not able to duplicate this problem and found no stored codes. I told the service advisor that next time this happens I will call them for a tow to their garage. He said that it would not be good to tow the car. This leaves me with a car with a defect and no way to get it repaired.
There must be some way to fix this problem without the “slam into reverse with a thud solution.” Surely this will result in transmission problems in the future.
Can you help me?

Quick Reply: Auto Shift Problem