C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH install instructions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 02:21 PM
The Rock1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

Default ARH install instructions

Does anyone happen to have the install instructions for ARH LTs? I want to get an idea of how much will be involved as I was thinking about doing it myself rather then have a shop do it. (I've done it on my GTO with Kooks LTs so I'm familiar).

Thanks
Old 06-21-2015, 03:24 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

I posted steps for the mid-length a while back. They aren't that different than the LT.

The most effort was the passengers side where we had to drop it in from the top. Maybe you'll have better luck then us but we couldn't fit the header from the bottom. Had to remove starter, plugs, coil pack, and valve cover. To get the valve cover out, had to shift the alternator to get to the lower front bolt on the valve cover that required taking the serpentine belt off. The drivers side we fit it from the bottom.

Of course disconnect the battery first and remove the large fuse block next to the passengers manifold.

Take time to get O2 sensor wiring zip tied away from the header before putting the cats on because space is tight. Push the pipes up into the tunnel when tightening the rear clamps or the may hit the tunnel plate.

Having a lift helped tremendously as we were constantly going up and down. And having a friend help really makes things go better.

Lastly, having good metric tools and wobble socket to loosen the exhaust pipe nuts is nice. I rounded 2 of them and it took a hour to chisel them off.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

On top of our How-To guides regarding headers HERE, here is an external link regarding the specific installation of ARH LTs:

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/exh...acing-headers/

If you've installed Kooks LTs on a GTO (and mind you, I've had three that were all track cars), this won't be a problem. The GTO always took several hours, required at least a partial steering rack drop, and was a general pain in the butt.

This is much easier than that.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:27 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
On top of our How-To guides regarding headers HERE, here is an external link regarding the specific installation of ARH LTs:

If you've installed Kooks LTs on a GTO (and mind you, I've had three that were all track cars), this won't be a problem. The GTO always took several hours, required at least a partial steering rack drop, and was a general pain in the butt.

To me it all sounds like A pain in the butt.Myself I will definitely have A shop do it.Perferably one's that have already done A few C7's.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by thrilled
To me it all sounds like A pain in the butt.Myself I will definitely have A shop do it.Perferably one's that have already done A few C7's.
That is a MUCH easier install taking that route!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:48 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

I did mine in the garage on jackstands. Took me about 8 hours. Personally I would rather spend 8 hours of my time doing it to save a few hundred bucks rather than paying someone to do it. That's a few hundred bucks on more mods I could buy! LOL
Old 06-22-2015, 08:05 AM
The Rock1
Racer

Originally Posted by Theta

Thanks Theta! Yeah the Goat was a PITA but after doing mine (a few times..damn mod bug) and helping out friends this sounds like a dream..
Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 AM
The Rock1
Racer

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I did mine in the garage on jackstands. Took me about 8 hours. Personally I would rather spend 8 hours of my time doing it to save a few hundred bucks rather than paying someone to do it. That's a few hundred bucks on more mods I could buy! LOL

Get notified of new replies

To ARH install instructions

Quick Reply: ARH install instructions