C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS Intercooler set up

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:54 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default ECS Intercooler set up

This goes out to Doug@ECS or any others out there with an ECS supercharger kit. I was pretty dead set on an ECS kit up until I saw how A&A added a shroud to their intercooler to help route air into due to the horizontal placement of the intercooler. This type of placement is the only thing about the whole kit that I was worried about, not getting enough air into the core while the car is actually in motion. Just wondering if anybody could shed some light on this subject for me.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:29 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by StingerBG
This goes out to Doug@ECS or any others out there with an ECS supercharger kit. I was pretty dead set on an ECS kit up until I saw how A&A added a shroud to their intercooler to help route air into due to the horizontal placement of the intercooler. This type of placement is the only thing about the whole kit that I was worried about, not getting enough air into the core while the car is actually in motion. Just wondering if anybody could shed some light on this subject for me.
We tested it both ways and Procharger did as well. There was no significant difference in either direction so we left the radiator as unobstructed as possible.

Just like the "Ram air" term thrown around for years with the C6 kit even though our intercooler flows better and independent dealers did back to back IAT testing on them as well. Results, no difference.

However "Ram Air" sounds cool, so congrats on good marketing I guess, but we make cars fast, period.

That all said, if you prefer that design no problem! We make our kit ourselves, it's not farmed out. I would be happy to make yours that way. No additional charge either.

Same with the balancer, we have NEVER had an issue with our lower pulley and it's easier to install, but if you prefer a replacement balancer we have that option as well because that's how our 2200R kit comes.

We aim to please, without gimmicks or marketing schemes.

Keep in mind that there is a good reason why most of the top shops on this board use our products.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-23-2015, 09:20 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Just what I wanted to hear!
Old 06-23-2015, 09:38 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Stinger,

Have an ECS Novi 1500 installed by Doug and his crew and have had zero issues with the product.

Not a waxer, although I do take care of it when time permits.

The Stingray is driven hard, have put over 15k miles while blown, and been completely satisfied.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:19 PM
Adnanski87
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS intercooler facing and High AIT

Had the 2014 Z51 retuned today. Car has had top end done and stock bottom end. While the car did put down 606whp and 530wtq, my tuner did notice some pretty high AITs during WOT pulls. While it was pretty warm today, mid 80s, we saw AIT going into 155s-160 range.

Wondering if there is something to install onto the car to redirect airflow for better cooling. Not trying to make a dedicated track car, but I would like to see better temps out a kit that looks great.

THanks,
Adnan

Get notified of new replies

To ECS Intercooler set up

Quick Reply: ECS Intercooler set up