C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:49 PM
My12thVette
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Default TPS issue

I am asking for some opinions on a TPS issue. I sold the chrome wheels, tires and TPS as a package from my 15 Z51. I purchased a set of take off painted rims, new run flats and a set of new senors from a forum vendor. After a short drive, I got the TPS light on the dash. Following Glen e's procedure, they would not reset. I had a friend with a TPS tool try to do a reset. The tool would not recognize the 2 rear wheels. I questioned the vendor and he told me it was not likely both would be bad. The shop that installed the new tires allowed me to watch and I could tell they were extra careful ( I paid the "Corvette tax") for this privilege. Could I have received 2 bad sensors? Vendor seems willing to do an exchange, but I have to send him the "bad" ones back and then pay for a remount and balance ($100). Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:45 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes you could have gotten dead sensors.

I bought 2 sets of sensors that on arrival all 4 of them were dead, it's very possible that yours are the same.

I test sensors as soon as I get them to make sure they are right.

Quick Reply: TPS issue