C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the battery warrantied? Pro-rated?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 02:25 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Default Is the battery warrantied? Pro-rated?

My 2015 Z06 won't start now after being left for a week. Once it's charged up it'll hold it's charge and re-start fine, though.

My only mod on the whole car is a CurbAlert, but it turns off automatically, or is supposed to, after the car is off.

I'm thinking there's either a drain somewhere (which would be warranty unless it's the curb alert) or the battery needs replacing.

If it's the battery, does GM do them during the warranty period or are they like brakes, a service item that's up to me?
Old 03-05-2017, 05:02 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the battery is covered under the 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper portion of the warranty...
Old 03-05-2017, 05:26 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

I would temporarily disconnect the power feed to your curb alert just to rule that out and once done it is then the battery and any "phantom" power drain is a warranty issue. If you are comfortable using a DMM around your car you could easily check to see whether the curb alert continues to draw current with the car off (OR you could feed your curb alert from one of the circuits that is only active when the car is on which is likely the best solution).
Old 03-06-2017, 11:22 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

You would probably have to show the battery will not hold a charge to get it replaced as warranty.... After the battery is full charged and has set awhile to get rid of surface charge, check the voltage across the terminals. If it is not at least 12.75V, then it is not fully charged.
I was surprised to find that my 2014 Stingray only had a 30 month battery, so you should probably think about replacing it after 3 years or so anyway.

I just replaced mine with a AC Delco professional gold series with 42 month free replacement.

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 03-06-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Is the battery warrantied? Pro-rated?

Quick Reply: Is the battery warrantied? Pro-rated?