C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct replacement Hats & Steel Rotors for C7ZO7 CCM's

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default Direct replacement Hats & Steel Rotors for C7ZO7 CCM's

If you have been tracking your car and have experienced issues with the CCM pads and rotors NOW we have Direct replacement Hats & Steel Rotors for C7ZO7 CCM's

GIRODISC FRONT 2PC ROTORS FOR C7 Z07 WITH OEM CCM ROTORS
The Girodisc system is a direct replacement for the OE disc however a different brake pad with an annulus (pad swept area) of 66mm or less must be used. This is done to keep the rotor weight at a reasonable level. If we manufactured a rotor with the same annulus as the OEM CCM rotors they would be far too heavy. The necessary pad shape is the same that is found in the standard Z06 brakes that came with the iron rotors from the factory.
The central hat section of our rotor is made from strictly U.S. sourced 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is made from our own proprietary cast iron, poured in the USA and machined from start to finish in house at Girodisc. The rotor utilizes a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes 8 or 10 high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured by Girodisc in the USA to our own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self center between the pads.
Once the Girodisc system is in place, simply replace the cast iron rotor when needed.
Sold/priced per pair

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/G...rs_p_4084.html

GIRODISC REAR 2PC ROTORS FOR C7 Z07 WITH OEM CCM ROTORS
The Girodisc system is a direct replacement for the OE disc, no modifications are necessary. The disc will bolt directly to the car and work with OE calipers and parking brake without issue.
The central hat section of our rotor is made from strictly U.S. sourced 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is made from our own proprietary cast iron, poured in the USA and machined from start to finish in house at Girodisc. The rotor utilizes a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes 8 or 10 high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured by Girodisc in the USA to our own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self center between the pads.
Once the Girodisc system is in place, simply replace the cast iron rotor when needed.
Sold/priced per pair

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/G...rs_p_4085.html

GIRODISC FRONT 2PC ROTORS FOR C7 Z06 WITH FACTORY STEEL ROTORS

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/G...rs_p_4086.html

GIRODISC REAR 2PC ROTORS FOR C7 Z06 WITH FACTORY STEEL ROTORS

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/G...rs_p_4087.html

We also have Race/HPDE/Street pads available

<a href="https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/attachments/c7-z06-discussion/47980591d1462967995-direct-replacement-hats-and-steel-rotors-for-c7zo7-ccm-brakes-thumbnail-2-.jpg" target="_blank">

<a href="https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/attachments/c7-z06-discussion/47980592d1462967995-direct-replacement-hats-and-steel-rotors-for-c7zo7-ccm-brakes-thumbnail-6-.jpg" target="_blank">
Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

If you have been tracking your car and have experienced issues with the CCM pads and rotors NOW we have Direct replacement Hats & Steel Rotors for C7ZO7 CCM's
Old 05-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Mamandoli
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Xplosive Performance

The Girodisc system is a direct replacement for the OE disc however a different brake pad with an annulus (pad swept area) of 66mm or less must be used. This is done to keep the rotor weight at a reasonable level. If we manufactured a rotor with the same annulus as the OEM CCM rotors they would be far too heavy. The necessary pad shape is the same that is found in the standard Z06 brakes that came with the iron rotors from the factory.
Sold/priced per pair

The Girodisc system is a direct replacement for the OE disc, no modifications are necessary. The disc will bolt directly to the car and work with OE calipers and parking brake without issue.
Sold/priced per pair

<a href="https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/attachments/c7-z06-discussion/47980591d1462967995-direct-replacement-hats-and-steel-rotors-for-c7zo7-ccm-brakes-thumbnail-2-.jpg" target="_blank">

<a href="https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/attachments/c7-z06-discussion/47980592d1462967995-direct-replacement-hats-and-steel-rotors-for-c7zo7-ccm-brakes-thumbnail-6-.jpg" target="_blank">
Maybe i didn't read enough but do your pads and the rotor fit in the Z07 CCB Brembo OEM rotor?
Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Mamandoli
Maybe i didn't read enough but do your pads and the rotor fit in the Z07 CCB Brembo OEM rotor?
I'm guessing what your calling CCB we call CCM Carbon Ceramic Matrix
The kits are direct steel replacements for the CCM OEM Factory Carbon Ceramic setup.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Mamandoli
Instructor

C7 of the Year Finalist

I'm guessing what your calling CCB we call CCM Carbon Ceramic Matrix
The kits are direct steel replacements for the CCM OEM Factory Carbon Ceramic setup.

Typo... ccm your correct
Thank You. I'll keep it in mind.
I track my car and I don't know when I'll need rotors but when I do I'm going to steel..
Old 05-16-2016, 05:38 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Typo... ccm your correct
Thank You. I'll keep it in mind.
I track my car and I don't know when I'll need rotors but when I do I'm going to steel..
Depending on the tracks you run and where you have your handling system set at. We generally see rotor changes after every 3-5 pad changes. Most of our car run Sebring very demanding on brakes. However you should be both measuring your CCM rotors thickness and doing a very good cleaning on the rotor and weighting them. Both min thickness and weight are printed on the hat of each rotor. You may have thickness but not weight and we recommend changing the rotor.
The following users liked this post:
Mamandoli (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Mamandoli
Instructor

C7 of the Year Finalist

Depending on the tracks you run and where you have your handling system set at. We generally see rotor changes after every 3-5 pad changes. Most of our car run Sebring very demanding on brakes. However you should be both measuring your CCM rotors thickness and doing a very good cleaning on the rotor and weighting them. Both min thickness and weight are printed on the hat of each rotor. You may have thickness but not weight and we recommend changing the rotor.
Thank you for your reply. I have not heard of cleaning the rotors what is involved in properly cleaning a CCM rotor?
Old 05-17-2016, 07:18 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Thank you for your reply. I have not heard of cleaning the rotors what is involved in properly cleaning a CCM rotor?
Soap and water, just make sure you remove any rubber that may be caught in the cooling vanes. You just want to get as accurrate weight as possible so removing any trash and loose dust and then blow with an air nozzle to dry and weight.

Last edited by Xplosive Performance; 05-17-2016 at 07:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mamandoli (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Mamandoli
Instructor

C7 of the Year Finalist

Soap and water, just make sure you remove any rubber that may be caught in the cooling vanes. You just want to get as accurrate weight as possible so removing any trash and loose dust and then blow with an air nozzle to dry and weight.
Thank You
Old 05-19-2016, 08:16 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Old 05-24-2016, 07:51 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Old 05-31-2016, 08:12 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Old 06-01-2016, 06:52 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

I'm considering getting the girodisc 2-piece rotors for factory steel Z06 brakes, but I have two questions:
(1) Are these directional? How does the weight compare to the factory 2 piece?
(2) I don't see replacement rings at your site. Where can we buy them when we need to, and how much would they cost?

Thanks!

Last edited by X25; 06-01-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by X25
I'm considering getting the girodisc 2-piece rotors for factory steel Z06 brakes, but I have two questions:
(1) Are these directional? How does the weight compare to the factory 2 piece?
(2) I don't see replacement rings at your site. Where can we buy them when we need to, and how much would they cost?

Thanks!
The disc's are directional and are marked according, Discs installed backwards have very limited to no cooling. The Girodisc and hat weight approx 23.4 lbs not sure what a factory system is.
Yes replacement disc are available no need to buy the hats the second time around, we have not uploaded them on the site yet. They will be $700.00 for set.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:18 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Sold/priced per pair

Sold/priced per pair

Old 06-14-2016, 08:50 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13