C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No sound when turn signals are activated

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 10:52 PM
MO POWR
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No sound when turn signals are activated

Not that it's a big deal, but sometimes there is no sound when I activate my turn signals. Then the next time I drive it, they make the normal sound when activated. Any one else have this issue?
Old 05-15-2016, 02:07 AM
IELAC7
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MO POWR
Not that it's a big deal, but sometimes there is no sound when I activate my turn signals. Then the next time I drive it, they make the normal sound when activated. Any one else have this issue?
I have this happen intermittently. I throw my signal on and it'll make a sound for a second or two then it'll be quiet for a sec and make a noise again.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:41 AM
MO POWR
Instructor

Mine either work or they don't. It's random each time I drive it. All the dash indicators work and the outside indicators work, just no sound.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:34 AM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The sound comes from one of the speakers if you have the sound off or faded to the rear you might not hear the signal.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:06 PM
MO POWR
Instructor

Figured out the problem. There is a bulletin out about replacing the wire harness inside the doors for this problem.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:21 PM
distinctz06
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MO POWR
Figured out the problem. There is a bulletin out about replacing the wire harness inside the doors for this problem.
anyone have a copy of this bulletin?
Old 07-07-2018, 02:27 AM
TumblingPanda
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 for bulletin link.

Happened to me today. Just shutting off the engine and restarting fixed the issue.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:09 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Search for the TSB with the title "Elderly Corvette Drivers Cannot Hear Sounds Higher than 3000Hz".

Just kidding, but you lose your higher frequency hearing as you get older. I think that's why you see old drivers with their signals stuck on, or part of it...
Old 07-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

^^^
LOL. Off topic, but there are some cool hearing tests on the net with different frequencies. My wife and I use them to see whoes getting older quicker.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:43 AM
Coordpoint
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2015 Z51 has the problem, too. As well as completely cutting out, it is sometimes just attenuated. The nav system voice does the same thing. Although I had wished it was just my imagination, unfortunately, it was not. )

I searched the web for a TBS associated with this and found none. However, the GM Tech Link does talk about a similar problem with the Colorado. It discusses the symptoms as being poor quality audio, intermittent cut-in/cut-out, as well as not working and then, for no reason, starting to work again. In this report, it advises that pinched wires through cable runs, spread terminals in the speaker (causing intermittent contact) or an incorrect connector as possible causes.

In discussing the issue with my dealer service advisor, he says that they have seen the problem with a number of vehicles, to include the Cadillac ATS/CTS. So . . . into the shop Monday to see where we go with this. More later as I learn . . . .
Old 07-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Coordpoint
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by distinctz06
anyone have a copy of this bulletin?
Got my problem fixed at my dealership. I chatted with the tech when I took the car in, explaining the problem and he searched for a bulletin on this. The service bulletin is 18-NA-141. The tech wrote on the order, "Installed 13575580: SL-N-Wire (0895-BOPCK) 13575 Qty: 2." When I picked the car up, I also talked with him about the repair. The wiring replaced is a pigtail that connects to the main door wiring harness and runs up to the speaker in the left door.

Seems to have fixed the problem as it has not come back in the last few days. I'll add anything more in the future, if needed.

Last edited by Coordpoint; 07-21-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:40 PM
jonparks
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I ran into the same problem when I upgraded my stereo. The Middle speaker on the Driver's door handles the phone speaker and chimes. I reconnected the speaker and those things started working again.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:23 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

This happens to me all the time. I give a small hit to the speaker grill and it starts working again. Sure it's just a lose connector from when my glass got broken and replaced.

Get notified of new replies

To No sound when turn signals are activated

Quick Reply: No sound when turn signals are activated