C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAGS on 2016 M7 Z51

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:53 PM
MickP
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts
Default CAGS on 2016 M7 Z51

Can anyone help me install the 1-4 shift eliminator on my 2016 Z51.

I looked under the car in what I thought was the location I needed based on this video:

My underside doesn't look anything like what I see in the video or I'm looking in the wrong place. If I'm looking in the same place as the video I'm looking at what I think is the starter motor and I don't see anything that looks like the plug I should be looking for.

Any help (especially photos) would be greatly appreciated.

-Mickey
Old 05-16-2016, 04:48 PM
randy500
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't installed one in a C7 but from the video and knowing the transmission is in the rear of the car I can tell you that exhaust pipe in the video is before the drivers side tire. I put cat back on mine and that is what the exhaust looks like from underneath the car.
The following users liked this post:
MickP (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 04:54 PM
MickP
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by randy500
I haven't installed one in a C7 but from the video and knowing the transmission is in the rear of the car I can tell you that exhaust pipe in the video is before the drivers side tire. I put cat back on mine and that is what the exhaust looks like from underneath the car.
Yep, just realized I was on the wrong end! (I know, "that's what she said"!)

Just installed it. Took longer to strap it down with the plastic strap than it did to hook it up. Everyone was right, 5 minutes top once I had the right end!

Thanks,

-Mickey
Old 05-16-2016, 05:20 PM
randy500
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MickP
Yep, just realized I was on the wrong end! (I know, "that's what she said"!)

Just installed it. Took longer to strap it down with the plastic strap than it did to hook it up. Everyone was right, 5 minutes top once I had the right end!

Thanks,

-Mickey
Love your comment...good job!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:57 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

I agree the video isn't clear where the cags should be installed. I knew the trans was in the back, but thought the electronics might be up front, so I first drove up on ramps and crawled under. Then I couldn't find anything, so I jacked up the rear.

I wasn't clear on which way one piece plugged into the wiring, as mine didn't fit either way. I found I'd bent one of the pins just enough it wouldn't plug in...easy after finding that.

Photo was taken 2 days after I took delivery...wife was just shaking her head.

Last edited by UsernameProtected; 05-17-2016 at 08:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
xxaarraa (05-18-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 PM
MickP
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
I agree the video isn't clear where the cags should be installed. I knew the trans was in the back, but thought the electronics might be up front, so I first drove up on ramps and crawled under. Then I couldn't find anything, so I jacked up the rear.

I wasn't clear on which way one piece plugged into the wiring, as mine didn't fit either way. I found I'd bent one of the pins just enough it wouldn't plug in...easy after finding that.

Although I've had mind since Aug. 2015 my wife didn't like seeing it jacked up at all either!

I'm old school and just assumed the trans was behind the engine and the was in a thread I read earlier about installing the cats eliminator, "The correct spot is on the side of the trans on the passenger side." So I had two things going against me in my search.

All's well though, installed and working perfectly.

Like the Blue and chrome combo. Looks like you have a young "assistant" to help.

-Mickey

Last edited by MickP; 05-17-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:43 AM
xxaarraa
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected

OK username, time to come clean. Tell me the following:
  • Is that the 3 ton harbor freight 'racing' jack? How do you like it?
  • Are those rhino ramps in the front? I have a set of rhino ramps, but was wondering if the nose was high enough to climb the ramps. I have an RPI splitter, but not lowered.
  • Where are you jacking the rear end from? Diff pumpkin?
Old 05-18-2016, 05:54 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

For future reference...

The CAGS solenoid is white.

Get notified of new replies

To CAGS on 2016 M7 Z51

Quick Reply: CAGS on 2016 M7 Z51