C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:36 PM
tobaccokid
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Roof Compatibility

Can a 2015 roof be used on a 2016? and, is there any difference in that regard between between base and Z06 model roofs?
Old 10-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Poltergeist
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

All roofs will fit any 14-17 Stingray. The only difference is the 16 and up (and a few very very late made 15s) have different pins to help with stopping noise. You can tell the newer ones by the fact that the pins are white.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:36 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

^^^^^^

Yep, I have an older roof on my 2016. I bought a transparent one from a guy locally that had sold his C7 (I can't recall if it was a '14 or '15).

Like Poltergeist says, the only difference in the roofs is the older ones have a black pin - and that's what is on my 2016 with no problems at all.

There's a bulletin out for older cars that are having noisy/squeaky roof problems.

As he mentioned, sometime in the late '15 model year production they started putting a different "striker" on the top of the windshield frame where that the pins go into, and they changed the pins from black to white.

Your 2016 will have the newer version strikers on the windshield frame, and if you get an older roof with the black pins - no problem. I've been running my older roof with black pins on my 2016 for more than a 1000 miles and a couple track events with no issues. If I start to get any squeaks I'll get a pair of white pins and install them for very little $$.

Get notified of new replies

To Roof Compatibility

Quick Reply: Roof Compatibility