C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paddle shift issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 01:06 AM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paddle shift issue

I have been driving a lot lately in manual mode. I just like the sound of the engine in v8 mode all the time.

however, there is a big jerk every time when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd or from 2nd to 1st even at a cruising speed. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:58 AM
cam30era
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonyyu
I have been driving a lot lately in manual mode. I just like the sound of the engine in v8 mode all the time.

however, there is a big jerk every time when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd or from 2nd to 1st even at a cruising speed. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.
Based on my experience, it is normal.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:31 PM
indyblue98
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonyyu

At what approx. speeds are you downshifting ?
1st gear is pretty aggressive so probably anything above 15mph is going to jerk if you don't have some throttle to go with it.

Also the transmission will downshift as you slow , even though its in "Manual Mode"

Last edited by indyblue98; 01-18-2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Details
Old 01-18-2017, 11:44 PM
The Admiralty
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Normal, especially if "cruising speed" is above ~25mph or thereabouts on the 3 to 2 and above ~15mph on the 2 to 1 shift. Just let the transmission do it for you as you come to a stop, or keep the revs really low to minimize the jerk.

Get notified of new replies

To Paddle shift issue

Quick Reply: Paddle shift issue