C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 GS Carbon brake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:38 PM
GSX-R
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 GS Carbon brake question

Can G.S. Z07 carbon brake package calipers be used with traditional iron rotors and different pads? Are Z07 calipers different than base G.S. calipers, not counting pads? Thanks for any help. I'm planning on tracking car and want the best calipers but if Z07 package is bought I would eventually like to go to iron rotors for rotor replacement cost savings.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by GSX-R
Can G.S. Z07 carbon brake package calipers be used with traditional iron rotors and different pads? Are Z07 calipers different than base G.S. calipers, not counting pads? Thanks for any help. I'm planning on tracking car and want the best calipers but if Z07 package is bought I would eventually like to go to iron rotors for rotor replacement cost savings.
Yes, you can buy iron rotors for the ZO7 calipers and get aftermarket pads such as Carbotech Performance brake pads and yes, they are a different caliper than the normal GS and take a different pad shape..

Carbotech part numbers.

F: Iron rotor GS CT1405
R: Iron rotors GS CT1718

F: CCB rotors CT1395
R: CCB rotors CT1165ZR
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 01-30-2017, 07:02 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

You want to give Girodisc rotors a look for iron replacement rotors. If you are going to track the car, I highly recommend the Girodisc/Raybetos combination both from a performance and cost perspective. The initial cost is relatively high, but the brake effort is fantastic. Pads are much cheaper than the stock CCB pads, and iron rings are not too bad if you do track heavily, certainly less expensive than the stock CCB rotors and pads. There are a number of threads in the Z06 section covering these rotors and pads. I run them personally and have not really seen too many negatives outside of price and weight penalties.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:27 AM
GSX-R
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info! Thanks.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:37 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by GSX-R
Are you going to track the car a lot? If not then you likely will not have to replace rotors. Street use and occasional track will last a long time, especially if you properly burnish the pads.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 GS Carbon brake question

Quick Reply: 2017 GS Carbon brake question