C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patrick G Email Tune for a Bolton C7 Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:11 AM
stanklr
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Patrick G Email Tune for a Bolton C7 Stingray

Hi,

I will be installing ARH LT's 1 7/8, Offroad xpipe, K&N filter on my 2016 Corvette C7.

We dont have good tuners where I live, thus im looking for an Email tune from a professional tuner. I will be driving the car daily on a very hot climate so I would need the tune to be very good and safe.

I heared good things about Patrick G tunes, but is that on LTX platform as well? I was reading E92 LTX are totally different animal than LSX to tune. So I'm just looking for real world experiences on his tunes on C7's.

Will appreciate very much.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2017, 11:01 AM
ganador01
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind email tunes for your vehicle will never be as good as a local tuner. GM Ecu's don't take as as well to remote tuning and say ford ECUs do. The newer stuff is even more fickle than previous iterations.

I would personally make the drive to the closest local tuner with a somewhat reputable name over doing any email tunes.

Your other option is finding any shop with a dyno and renting it out by the hour. You'll need to buy either an EFI live kit or a HP tuners cable. Or even Ngauge as they just now released support for GM vehicles. At that point, Pat G or anyone else who remote tunes would be acceptable options.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

You don't need to do a whole lot for those mods. PM me for details if you would like. I assume you already have HPTuners to load the file? Where do you live?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 PM
stanklr
Pro

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
You don't need to do a whole lot for those mods. PM me for details if you would like. I assume you already have HPTuners to load the file? Where do you live?
Im from the middle east. Im getting HPtuners.

Torn between LMR Email tune or Pat G?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:52 PM
TSloper
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ganador01
Keep in mind email tunes for your vehicle will never be as good as a local tuner. GM Ecu's don't take as as well to remote tuning and say ford ECUs do. The newer stuff is even more fickle than previous iterations.

I would personally make the drive to the closest local tuner with a somewhat reputable name over doing any email tunes.

Your other option is finding any shop with a dyno and renting it out by the hour. You'll need to buy either an EFI live kit or a HP tuners cable. Or even Ngauge as they just now released support for GM vehicles. At that point, Pat G or anyone else who remote tunes would be acceptable options.
Your assertion that remote tunes can't be as good as a local tuner is just crap. In fact they can be much better. I've fixed a number of "reputable" shop E92 tunes. Remote vs local has nothing to do with anything. What matters is does the person behind the keyboard have a complete understanding of what they are working with. If the "local" guy doesn't understand how the ECM operates then no matter how many hours your car spends on site you still won't end up with a proper tune. 90 minutes doing WOT dyno pulls does not constitute a proper tune on this platform.

Last edited by TSloper; 03-29-2017 at 10:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jim2092 (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
He will give you knowledgeable personal attention.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:51 AM
stanklr
Pro

Ttt
Old 04-03-2017, 12:51 AM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

higgs knows his stuff!! and very knowledgeable with these engines

Get notified of new replies

To Patrick G Email Tune for a Bolton C7 Stingray