C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust butterfly valve back inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 06:12 PM
salmankanian
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust butterfly valve back inquiry

Hi, i purchased Corsa Xtreme Catback for my Z51 C7 vette. not knowing it didnt have an NPP i lost the feature of turning it on and off. now i got Texas Speed Headers & X Pipe.. i worry when i install it will be very loud. i need a solution if i can fix the factory npp from the factory exhaust on my corsa or not.. theres pictures of the exhaust. if anyone has the solution please let me know. i want to fit the headers (long tube) & x pipe yet i dont want to lose that aggresive corsa note..

heres some pictures of the exhaust
Attached Images     
Old 04-29-2017, 09:32 PM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I have 2015 z51 M7, catted ARH mid length headers, Borla catless x-pipe, npp and actuators removed, Bullet B&B exhaust and a tune that keeps the AFM valves open and actuators removed as well, and a Hallteck carbon cai. Little louder then stock and when in WOT , quite a bit louder, but still not that bad. Love the sound.
The following users liked this post:
salmankanian (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

You cannot transfer the NPP hardware from your stock mufflers to the Corsa. The Corsa mufflers aren't designed to have that functionality.

Assuming that you still have your stock NPP mufflers, one option would be to put those back on with the headers and see if you like them. I'm running long tube headers, high flow catted x-pipe, and stock NPP mufflers that I can still control loudness on. To me, it's the perfect setup.

Option 2 would be to go ahead and install everything with the Corsa mufflers and see if the Corsa mufflers are too loud. If they are, you could put your stock NPP mufflers back on to get the functionality of the NPP setup and sell the Corsas.

One of my friends has a cammed, header, high flow catted x-pipe Pontiac G8 GT running Corsa mufflers and it sounds amazing. It's not real loud when you ease it along, but when you put the go pedal to the floor it wakes up quite nicely.

Keep us posted on how things pan out...

Last edited by lakemg; 04-29-2017 at 11:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
salmankanian (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 11:10 AM
salmankanian
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lakemg
You cannot transfer the NPP hardware from your stock mufflers to the Corsa. The Corsa mufflers aren't designed to have that functionality.

Assuming that you still have your stock NPP mufflers, one option would be to put those back on with the headers and see if you like them. I'm running long tube headers, high flow catted x-pipe, and stock NPP mufflers that I can still control loudness on. To me, it's the perfect setup.

Option 2 would be to go ahead and install everything with the Corsa mufflers and see if the Corsa mufflers are too loud. If they are, you could put your stock NPP mufflers back on to get the functionality of the NPP setup and sell the Corsas.

One of my friends has a cammed, header, high flow catted x-pipe Pontiac G8 GT running Corsa mufflers and it sounds amazing. It's not real loud when you ease it along, but when you put the go pedal to the floor it wakes up quite nicely.

Keep us posted on how things pan out...

Thanks Man! that was exactly what i had in mind... although i think ill give it a try with option 2, i want that Lion Roar.

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust butterfly valve back inquiry

Quick Reply: Exhaust butterfly valve back inquiry