C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Top speeds running stock or just cai

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 04:36 PM
goshendad
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Z06 Top speeds running stock or just cai

There are several threads discussing problems with the c7 Z06 going into Reduced Engine Power modes at higher speeds that are NOT related to high temperatures. For the record i would love to hear what kind of top speeds you all are making with either a STOCK set-up or just a cai with NO TUNE. Any info will be great!
Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 PM
boostaholic786
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goshendad
There are several threads discussing problems with the c7 Z06 going into Reduced Engine Power modes at higher speeds that are NOT related to high temperatures. For the record i would love to hear what kind of top speeds you all are making with either a STOCK set-up or just a cai with NO TUNE. Any info will be great!
Its really what package Z06 it is since the Z07 package has alot of aero therefore slowing the car down in a straight line. without the Z07 package, I have personally done 194mph in my car but you def have to have some room to do so..
Old 06-26-2017, 07:11 PM
goshendad
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by boostaholic786
Its really what package Z06 it is since the Z07 package has alot of aero therefore slowing the car down in a straight line. without the Z07 package, I have personally done 194mph in my car but you def have to have some room to do so..
thanks!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:10 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

185 mph is the fastest I've been at Daytona - it would go a little bit faster, but I need to brake down for T1 into the infield on the Rolex24 roadcourse. I've got many laps at 3 different events there so far, and never had any problem at the "168 mph limit" that others have been hitting, and I'm generally above that twice each lap.

I've got a 2016 M7 Z06/Z07 (stock except Halltech cai) but have been running Daytona with Stage 1-1/2 aero to reduce drag - Stage 2 front splitter endplates, Stage 1 rear spoiler extensions. I have the GM 100 octane tune, but the first couple Daytona events were with the factory tune, and the last one was with the 100 octane tune - car seemed to run about the same.

I hope the guys with that problem can find out WTH is going on!! Good luck!!

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Top speeds running stock or just cai

Quick Reply: Z06 Top speeds running stock or just cai