C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 08:05 PM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Clicking

thought i would try again with an update. my car is a 2015 and has done this since new. dealer tried many times. nothing worked. i asked them to have GM rep take a look at it but this never happened. i have given up, at least with this dealer. i think it has been reported so many times that they don't even try anymore to fix it. their standard response is "operating normally". i have the CCB brakes and the sound, which i refer to as a click, happens only in the rear and is a one time click on take off after stopping. it is very repeatable and dealer had no difficulty hearing it.

can anyone think of anything is the rear that might click only once on startup? it happens within the first tire revolution. acts like some slack being taken up and then reset after stopping. i am willing to dig into fixing it myself, just hoping that someone has some ideas of where to start. cleaning wheel faces, re torquing wheels, washing, greasing have no affect.
CONMAX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:59 PM #28
spearfish25
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONMAX View Post
thought i would try again with an update. my car is a 2015 and has done this since new. dealer tried many times. nothing worked. i asked them to have GM rep take a look at it but this never happened. i have given up, at least with this dealer. i think it has been reported so many times that they don't even try anymore to fix it. their standard response is "operating normally". i have the CCB brakes and the sound, which i refer to as a click, happens only in the rear and is a one time click on take off after stopping. it is very repeatable and dealer had no difficulty hearing it.

can anyone think of anything is the rear that might click only once on startup? it happens within the first tire revolution. acts like some slack being taken up and then reset after stopping. i am willing to dig into fixing it myself, just hoping that someone has some ideas of where to start. cleaning wheel faces, re torquing wheels, washing, greasing have no affect.
Tighten the axle nuts. 36mm socket and 182 lb-ft. I found the driver's side likes to loosen due to the direction of rotation relative the threads.
spearfish25 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:44 PM #29
CONMAX
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Tighten the axle nuts. 36mm socket and 182 lb-ft. I found the driver's side likes to loosen due to the direction of rotation relative the threads.
i have overtorqued the rears many times, in fact each time after i install the DR's which is about 5 times a year. no change there, but thanks for the response.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 PM #30
CONMAX
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
i have overtorqued the rears many times, in fact each time after i install the DR's which is about 5 times a year. no change there, but thanks for the response. i got a 36 mm socket just for this.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:48 AM #31
mm2

Finally got rid of my defective 2015 Stingray. Purchased a new 2017 Stingray z51! Runs much nicer! Great performance!
mm2 is offline Reply With Quote
Go Back CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page C7 Z06 clicking noise in rear end

submit to reddit
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2