C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone play-pause over and over again over Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 01:03 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Default iPhone play-pause over and over again over Bluetooth

Sometimes, when using the iPhone for streaming music over Bluetooth, the playback pauses for a fraction of a second and then resumes. The icon for Pause lights up on the dash and the phone, so they're both in on it.

I thought maybe it was a signal strength issue, so I brought the phone out of my pocket and set it on the dash and it did not change, so that made me think it's not a signal issue.,

Occasionally it will stay paused and I have to hit the Play arrow to get it to resume, but it's usually just a quick dropout.

Anyone know what causes this?

Last edited by davepl; 09-25-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Sometimes, when using the iPhone for streaming music over Bluetooth, the playback pauses for a fraction of a second and then resumes. The icon for Pause lights up on the dash and the phone, so they're both in on it.

I thought maybe it was a signal strength issue, so I brought the phone out of my pocket and set it on the dash and it did not change, so that made me think it's not a signal issue.,

Occasionally it will stay paused and I have to hit the Play arrow to get it to resume, but it's usually just a quick dropout.

Anyone know what causes this?
Updated your iOS on the phone lately?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

^^ Yes, it's always up to date pretty much. Just took iOS11 as an update, but this was before that.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:24 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
^^ Yes, it's always up to date pretty much. Just took iOS11 as an update, but this was before that.
Hmm. Best recommendation is borrow a friend or wifes phone and pair it and see if the issue is still there or if t follows the phone..

Get notified of new replies

To iPhone play-pause over and over again over Bluetooth

Quick Reply: iPhone play-pause over and over again over Bluetooth