Drag Radials X Street tires - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Radials X Street tires

Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM
renanmendes

Default Drag Radials X Street tires

I've heard that Drag Radials are not safe for half mile race as regular street tires are. Did run 153mph on my full bolt on 15 stingray and felt great with street tires, but as I'm doing cams this month i was thinking about drag radials for my next half mile event. What you guys think?
Old 11-29-2017, 12:17 PM
MitchAlsup
CF Senior Member

Street tires are constructed so that they have rather equal amounts of traction linearly and laterally.

Drag radials are constructed to give more linear grip at the expense of lateral grip.

So, if the car gets out of control, it is harder to "catch" on DRs than on streets.
The Following User Says Thank You to MitchAlsup For This Useful Post:
renanmendes (11-30-2017)
Old 12-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Earl H
CF Senior Member

M&H 325/17’s with Weld...run this setup on the street and is capable of 1.3 60fts!
Old 12-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Dcasole
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Earl H View Post
M&H 325/17s with Weld...run this setup on the street and is capable of 1.3 60fts!
Doing a half mile race I am not sure he really cares about his 60 ft times as much as he cares about what it will feel like upstairs .......which we all know with drag radials it can get your attention fast if it starts to wiggle around....

Dave
Old 12-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Earl H
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
Doing a half mile race I am not sure he really cares about his 60 ft times as much as he cares about what it will feel like upstairs .......which we all know with drag radials it can get your attention fast if it starts to wiggle around....

Dave
....then I should have added, ....feels rock at 160
Old 12-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Dcasole
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Earl H View Post

....then I should have added, ....feels rock at 160
Much better lol lol lol ......, thanks for the info as I have been looking for the same thing as I dont like the way my 19 inch MT's feel like on the top end ....

Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drag Radials X Street tires

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: