C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Memory seat module problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:26 PM
jcardosi
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Memory seat module problem

I have a 2014 LT3 C7 the driver seat has had this problem off and on and now is 99% off. I took it to the dealer and got a GM Bulletin from the dealer saying "no fix, do not try to fix, stand by".
When I push the memory button (1 or 2) to adjust the seat to a desired positon, the steering wheel jerks downward and stops. Release the button, push again and same thing happens. The seat doesn't move at all by memory button 1 out of 20 times. I push the memory button and it works just fine occasionally. Frustrated that GM/dealer has NO fix!
Any ideas or have has this problem before?
Johnny
see attachment
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
C7 Bulletin.pdf (65.8 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:15 PM
laserdude2215
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 273 Posts

It's only a phantom code if your vehicle has no symptoms. Your vehicle definitely has symptoms! Find a different dealer.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:15 PM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

That bulletin seems to indicate instances where a code is revealed while diagnosing other problems, where no problem actually exists with the module and no symptoms of memory module failure exist. Your car is exhibiting symptoms of module failure. I'd point this out and contact GM customer service if the dealer can't provide satisfaction.

Mike
Old 01-19-2018, 12:27 PM
RWH C7
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the same problem with my 2017 GS. I move seat exit position forward a little and it is working fine now.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:18 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,960 Likes on 5,346 Posts

If the seat is too far back and pressing on the seat sensor on the rear wall of the passenger compartment the seat control may act like that. Mine has acted like that at times and at other times it doesn't do a thing. If I use the seat switch on the side of the seat to move the seat forward just a small amount then the memory function works fine. Mine was working fine for a long time and then all of a sudden didn't. I found a small object that had fallen behind the seat. Once I removed that object everything worked fine.

Bill
Old 01-24-2018, 08:33 AM
jcardosi
7th Gear

Originally Posted by RWH C7
Had the same problem with my 2017 GS. I move seat exit position forward a little and it is working fine now.
Thank you I will try this today.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:50 PM
ladiver
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the replies to the OP. I will have to check behind the seat. Our 2016 just started acting up too. Exactly the same symptoms.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:56 PM
jcardosi
7th Gear

Default memory seat issue

Originally Posted by ladiver
Thanks for the replies to the OP. I will have to check behind the seat. Our 2016 just started acting up too. Exactly the same symptoms.
I moved my seat up about a 1/4 inch so it doesn't go all the way back on exit and it has worked fine ever since. The memory module is behind the seat left corner per Chevy. It must hit it a full back.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:58 PM
ladiver
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Perfect, I will reset the exit position. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:00 PM
jcardosi
7th Gear

Originally Posted by mcoomer
That bulletin seems to indicate instances where a code is revealed while diagnosing other problems, where no problem actually exists with the module and no symptoms of memory module failure exist. Your car is exhibiting symptoms of module failure. I'd point this out and contact GM customer service if the dealer can't provide satisfaction.

Mike
I took mine to the dealer and they got a memo from GM saying not to work on or make adjustments. I called GM and they keep telling me to contact the dealer. No one has a answer. Moving the seat forward a small amount when it exits solved the problem. Strange but true.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Memory seat module problem

Quick Reply: C7 Memory seat module problem