C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding base seats to competition

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 06:32 AM
n_brio
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Rebuilding base seats to competition

I have the base seats with heat and vent and im going to rebuild to competitions seats bothe the back and cushion but im a bot confused

when i check parts on gmpartsonline i seams like there is a electrical box on base seats but not on the competitions? and there are 2 different harness one with option code FSC and FSB what is the difference?

Do i not use the box to competitions seats and use a differente harness?

If so do i get any fault code?
Old 02-11-2018, 08:26 AM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Just buy the kit from Suburban Chevy. (Trunkmonkey parts) everything is included.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Mercury (02-12-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by rrsperry
Just buy the kit from Suburban Chevy. (Trunkmonkey parts) everything is included.
This. I thought I could 'beat the system' and save money by assembling my own kit. By the time I figured everything out, and then added in the possibility of incorrect part numbers and dealing with shipping and all that nonsense, the trivial savings wasn't worth it. I decided I'll just order a package from Trunk Monkey when I'm ready.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:14 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
This. I thought I could 'beat the system' and save money by assembling my own kit. By the time I figured everything out, and then added in the possibility of incorrect part numbers and dealing with shipping and all that nonsense, the trivial savings wasn't worth it. I decided I'll just order a package from Trunk Monkey when I'm ready.
smart man!
Old 02-11-2018, 02:25 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 388 Posts

Buy the kit for sure. I got mine from Trunk Monkey and it came with everything that I needed.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:31 PM
mowe
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 108 Posts

How much are the bottoms ? Can’t find a price.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:56 PM
n_brio
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes i could buy it from truck monkeys but i want to change the color of the seat and I also need the lower frame number 25 on the picture. So thats why i want to know
Old 02-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Unless you need the frame for some other reason, it's not necessary for a competition seat conversion. You just need the foam and the leather cover.

Be ready for some sticker shock though. The left/driver's side lower seat foam is roughly $60. The right/passenger side foam is $450. The passenger seat comes with the occupant sensor, and there's no way to buy the foam without it. There's actually a GM bulletin that says the foam and the sensor are a matched set, and you shouldn't replace them separately.

What some people have done is use competition seat backs, and then GT seat lower covers. So if you're going from say, black to red, you'd just get a red GT seat lower cover, and convert the entire upper part of the seat to a red competition model. I think one of the vendors suggests this for people who are installing the tension blue seats.

Get notified of new replies

To Rebuilding base seats to competition

Quick Reply: Rebuilding base seats to competition