C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warming up Sebring 3-24 Morning

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 09:23 AM
Floridamark
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Warming up Sebring 3-24 Morning

Wow when it 46 degress everying is fun. Tires Brakes etc. It feels good with the 18" wheels. But tooks some time to get used to everything again.

Things are starting to warm up around the 8 min mark.

Last edited by Floridamark; 03-25-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:55 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Very nice!!!

I see you don't have any lap times on your PDR video, and that's because you never defined the finish line.

Take a look at the thread below, and scroll down to post# 11. The thread is a library of start/finish lines. There are .map.gpx files for a few tracks, and in post# 11 spearfish25 has a file for the S/F line at Sebring:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...px-thread.html

All you need to do is download the file to your SD card for the track you'll be running, then you don't need to hit the "define finish line" button on your PDR screen when you're at the track. All you need to do is start recording and you'll get the lap times on your video.

Anybody who has a good file for any S/F line that's not in that thread, please go over and add it to the thread.

Additionally, it looks like you're in just the basic Track mode. Until you had the tires warmed up a bit Dry might have been a good drive mode choice, then you could have just twisted the **** to go into Sport 1 or Sport 2 later on when the car was warmed up and especially the tires were up into a good grip temperature zone.

Overall it looks you had a lot of fun driving Sebring!!

Last edited by BEZ06; 03-25-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Very nice!!!

I see you don't have any lap times on your PDR video, and that's because you never defined the finish line.

Take a look at the thread below, and scroll down to post# 11. The thread is a library of start/finish lines. There are .map.gpx files for a few tracks, and in post# 11 spearfish25 has a file for the S/F line at Sebring:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...px-thread.html

All you need to do is download the file to your SD card for the track you'll be running, then you don't need to hit the "define finish line" button on your PDR screen when you're at the track. All you need to do is start recording and you'll get the lap times on your video.

Anybody who has a good file for any S/F line that's not in that thread, please go over and add it to the thread.

Additionally, it looks like you're in just the basic Track mode. Until you had the tires warmed up a bit Dry might have been a good drive mode choice, then you could have just twisted the **** to go into Sport 1 or Sport 2 later on when the car was warmed up and especially the tires were up into a good grip temperature zone.

Overall it looks you had a lot of fun driving Sebring!!

Running in Sport 2. I will post todays times when I get back home still running until 5pm.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 PM
fgodoy
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice! I was there too. In the GS in Admiral Blue with white stripe and hashes that was driving into pits at 1:20 in your vid!
Great days this past weekend, perfect weather, good people as always.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

Originally Posted by fgodoy
Nice! I was there too. In the GS in Admiral Blue with white stripe and hashes that was driving into pits at 1:20 in your vid!
Great days this past weekend, perfect weather, good people as always.
Will you be there on the 14th and 15th?
Old 03-26-2018, 08:50 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Will you be coming to run the HPDE at Daytona Int'l Speedway on the Rolex 24 roadcourse April 12-13?

It's going to be a great event, as it always has been in past years!

There's no other track where you can turn the beast in your Vette loose like at Daytona!!

Hope to see a bunch of forum members and Vettes here in a couple weeks!!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:57 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Damn interesting to watch!
Old 03-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

Will you be coming to run the HPDE at Daytona Int'l Speedway on the Rolex 24 roadcourse April 12-13?

It's going to be a great event, as it always has been in past years!

There's no other track where you can turn the beast in your Vette loose like at Daytona!!

Hope to see a bunch of forum members and Vettes here in a couple weeks!!

I will be at Sebring.

I am really determined to learn Sebring this year like I did for the last 2 years at Homestead and PBIR.

Last edited by Floridamark; 03-26-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:41 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

I will be at Sebring:
April 14-15
April 28-29
May 19-20
Jun 23-24

Would love to run with some fourm members.

This is all with Chin.

http://chintrackdays.com/schedule.aspx

Last edited by Floridamark; 03-27-2018 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:29 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Floridamark
I am really determined to learn Sebring this year like I did for the last 2 years at Homestead and PBIR.
Excellent!!!

Forum member Henry Gilbert's organization (Performance Driving Group) puts on events at Homestead, PBIR, Sebring, and Daytona, among other tracks. Maybe you've driven at one of his events.

Take a look at:

http://performancedrivinggroup.com/events

You can see that his HPDE at Daytona this year is Oct 5-7, so if you get Sebring down by then, maybe you'd like to come up to Daytona to run the Rolex 24 course in October. Daytona costs a lot more to run than just about anywhere else (COTA is about the same), but you can do 1, 2, or all 3 days of the event. You'll get five 30 minute sessions each day for 2-1/2 hours of track time per day!!

There are only 4 or so HPDE type events at Daytona every year. There's one in April, Henry's in Oct, there might be a PCA event the end of Oct or early Nov (sometimes they have one, other years they don't), and an event in Dec. So if Oct doesn't work for you, maybe you'd like to attend one of the events later in the fall.

Hope to c'ya at the track!!

Old 03-27-2018, 02:30 AM
Floridamark
Instructor

Excellent!!!

Forum member Henry Gilbert's organization (Performance Driving Group) puts on events at Homestead, PBIR, Sebring, and Daytona, among other tracks. Maybe you've driven at one of his events.

Take a look at:

http://performancedrivinggroup.com/events

You can see that his HPDE at Daytona this year is Oct 5-7, so if you get Sebring down by then, maybe you'd like to come up to Daytona to run the Rolex 24 course in October. Daytona costs a lot more to run than just about anywhere else (COTA is about the same), but you can do 1, 2, or all 3 days of the event. You'll get five 30 minute sessions each day for 2-1/2 hours of track time per day!!

There are only 4 or so HPDE type events at Daytona every year. There's one in April, Henry's in Oct, there might be a PCA event the end of Oct or early Nov (sometimes they have one, other years they don't), and an event in Dec. So if Oct doesn't work for you, maybe you'd like to attend one of the events later in the fall.

Hope to c'ya at the track!!

Henry is a great guy.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:36 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

How did your PDR work on Sunday?

Did you download the .map.gpx file for Sebring, or did you "Define Finish Line" in order to get lap times?

Also, were you able to get into PTM Sport 2 on Sunday? Your Saturday video shows just the basic Track mode because you hadn't selected any PTM sub-mode during that session.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:58 AM
fgodoy
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridamark
Will you be there on the 14th and 15th?
not sure yet, i am checking my schedule though, would like to
Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

How did your PDR work on Sunday?

Did you download the .map.gpx file for Sebring, or did you "Define Finish Line" in order to get lap times?

Also, were you able to get into PTM Sport 2 on Sunday? Your Saturday video shows just the basic Track mode because you hadn't selected any PTM sub-mode during that session.

I got back Sunday night and left monday morning for NY. I will upload when I get back in town.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Brett Sonderby
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Floridamark - What kind of lap times were you seeing at Sebring?

Get notified of new replies

To Warming up Sebring 3-24 Morning

Quick Reply: Warming up Sebring 3-24 Morning