C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Rich B
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

I posted the following in the introduction forum and hope it's ok to post it here also given my interests.

"Just wanted to introduce myself. I don't currently own a Corvette but am considering purchasing one. I've previously owned 2 C4's (husband and wife) and a C5. I currently own a Ferrari 458, Ferrari F430 (for sale), BMW M3, a Porsche Carrera S and a Porsche Cayman S. My Cayman S is my DE track car. Sebring is my home course but I also run at VIR, Road Atlanta and Barber Motorsports (great track). I've had and am having transmission problems with the PDK in my Cayman due to track use (9 weekends a year or so) and the heat here in FL. I'm thinking about selling it when I get the transmission straightened out and buying a C7 for the track. Most likely a GS but I still have a lot of research to do before making a decision.

I belonged to this group when I owned Corvettes but haven't monitored it for several years."

Regards,

Rich
Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM
George Washnak
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Rich: Welcome back. You have a very impressive stable of vehicles already and adding a C7 to the mix will interesting. Once you pull the trigger be sure to let us know which specific model you chose and how the C7 compares to your other vehicles.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:18 AM
Rich B
8th Gear

Thank you George. I had aunts and uncles who lived in Murrells Inlet until they passed away. I buy my Porsche parts from Clark Hamerly who owns Apex Performance in Murrells Inlet who ended up buying a house owned by one of my uncles/aunt. Small world.

Rich
Old 04-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Rich B
8th Gear

I'd like to talk with someone who regularly tracks a C7 Grand Sport non-Z06 at Sebring. If you're willing to talk with me please let me know and feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks,

Rich
Old 04-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich B
I posted the following in the introduction forum and hope it's ok to post it here also given my interests.

"Just wanted to introduce myself. I don't currently own a Corvette but am considering purchasing one. I've previously owned 2 C4's (husband and wife) and a C5. I currently own a Ferrari 458, Ferrari F430 (for sale), BMW M3, a Porsche Carrera S and a Porsche Cayman S. My Cayman S is my DE track car. Sebring is my home course but I also run at VIR, Road Atlanta and Barber Motorsports (great track). I've had and am having transmission problems with the PDK in my Cayman due to track use (9 weekends a year or so) and the heat here in FL. I'm thinking about selling it when I get the transmission straightened out and buying a C7 for the track. Most likely a GS but I still have a lot of research to do before making a decision.

I belonged to this group when I owned Corvettes but haven't monitored it for several years."

Regards,

Rich
Will you be at Sebring this weekend?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Rich B
8th Gear

Mark, sorry no. I'll be there the following weekend.

Rich
Old 04-25-2018, 06:24 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

Mark, sorry no. I'll be there the following weekend.

Rich
What event is the following weekend?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM
Rich B
8th Gear

Mark - PBOC.

Rich
Old 04-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Floridamark
Instructor

Mark - PBOC.

Rich
I have never run with them are they a good group? I spend more time with Chin and PDG Henry.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

You will love the C7! Welcome aboard! Once you get it on the track i think you will want to make that your track car, then get another C7 to daily haha.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:22 PM
Rich B
8th Gear

The 2 groups I run the most with are Chin and PCA. PCA Suncoast changed their run groups and schedule recently. I don't like the change so I've been going more with Chin. I've run with PBOC before and they're ok. I'm getting my car back early next week with another attempt to fix my PDK transmission problem. My schedule mid to end of May isn't good which is why I'm running with PBOC. I'm run with PDG as well as David Murry. You get the most on track time with David, plus professional coaching, but he's not at Sebring that often.

Pace, the last thing I need is more cars. I have 2 Porsche's, 2 Ferrari's, a BMW M3, a truck, a trailer and my wife's car. I'm better at buying than selling but my objective this year is to replace my track Cayman and then get rid of at least 2 other cars.

Rich
Old 04-25-2018, 08:59 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Rich,

just need to get it down to it C7 daily driver a C7 track car, your M3 for groceries and the truck for towing 😃
Old 04-26-2018, 08:40 AM
Floridamark
Instructor

The 2 groups I run the most with are Chin and PCA. PCA Suncoast changed their run groups and schedule recently. I don't like the change so I've been going more with Chin. I've run with PBOC before and they're ok. I'm getting my car back early next week with another attempt to fix my PDK transmission problem. My schedule mid to end of May isn't good which is why I'm running with PBOC. I'm run with PDG as well as David Murry. You get the most on track time with David, plus professional coaching, but he's not at Sebring that often.

Pace, the last thing I need is more cars. I have 2 Porsche's, 2 Ferrari's, a BMW M3, a truck, a trailer and my wife's car. I'm better at buying than selling but my objective this year is to replace my track Cayman and then get rid of at least 2 other cars.

Rich
My Grand Sport with minor upgrades has be Flawless. It's only a track car and see no real street use.

Get notified of new replies

To Introduction

Quick Reply: Introduction