C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'15 C7 Z07-Tackling an engine pull, any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 02:56 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default '15 C7 Z07-Tackling an engine pull, any tips?

Hey everybody! Just want to start by saying thank you to everyone that has helped me along this path, you guys are amazing and I couldn't be more appreciative This seems like a great community.

Going to be installing my Weapon X F1 Twister cam, and Mantic Triple Clutch so I'd figured I would pull the engine. I have read through the DIY's posted on here by FYREANT (Awesome write ups by the way my brother) I noticed it was on an LT1 so just wondering if there was anything I should be aware of when pulling the Z06's heart out.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I currently ordered the oil pump locator tool and an ebay LSx flywheel holder bracket for clutch install. As well as the CHE rocker arm upgrades. I plan on putting the springs in myself (Any recommendations on this as I have never tackled a spring job, tools required etc)

Thanks for the support all!

xSLANGx
The following users liked this post:
FYREANT (06-02-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,218 Likes on 3,459 Posts

I heartily recommend taking pix (good ones with a digicam) of EVERYTHING before and as you proceed! I've swapped many engines, and unfortunately, not all of them completed quickly. Pix are a life-saver for me. All the best!
The following users liked this post:
xslangx (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 08:21 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Avanti
I heartily recommend taking pix (good ones with a digicam) of EVERYTHING before and as you proceed! I've swapped many engines, and unfortunately, not all of them completed quickly. Pix are a life-saver for me. All the best!
Great advice, I'll snap some pics for sure. I can't believe I've never thought of that
Old 06-02-2018, 11:05 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by xslangx
Hey everybody! Just want to start by saying thank you to everyone that has helped me along this path, you guys are amazing and I couldn't be more appreciative This seems like a great community.

Going to be installing my Weapon X F1 Twister cam, and Mantic Triple Clutch so I'd figured I would pull the engine. I have read through the DIY's posted on here by FYREANT (Awesome write ups by the way my brother) I noticed it was on an LT1 so just wondering if there was anything I should be aware of when pulling the Z06's heart out.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I currently ordered the oil pump locator tool and an ebay LSx flywheel holder bracket for clutch install. As well as the CHE rocker arm upgrades. I plan on putting the springs in myself (Any recommendations on this as I have never tackled a spring job, tools required etc)

Thanks for the support all!

xSLANGx
With the exception of the blower and the dry sump oil lines, it should be pretty much the same. Agree with above, take pics along the way. If doing springs in the heads you want to make sure to check installed height for them to know if you need any shims. Also a good time to replace valve seals if you’ve already got some miles on the motor. Message me if you need anything!

Ant

Get notified of new replies

To '15 C7 Z07-Tackling an engine pull, any tips?

Quick Reply: '15 C7 Z07-Tackling an engine pull, any tips?