C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part number for battery assembly/power board thing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 11:36 AM
rtkelly
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Part number for battery assembly/power board thing?

So I stripped a bolt (circled in red below, sorry its hidden I reused a picture i found online) when trying to change the battery. I disconnected that power board (?? idk what to call it? circled in blue...) from the positive/power cable so make it easier to pull the battery up out of the compartment. Now i'm trying to find out how to replace this piece circled below in blue, since the screw is stripped and the bolt can not be tightened all the way to make good contact. As you can guess the electrical is spotty at best right now due to partial contact and any vibration i'm sure will knock it looks and cut power.

any help appreciated to figure out a part number or name of this piece. can't really use the car until it is replaced and the battery is property connected =\

thanks!

edit - arrow is pointing to the thread that is stripped. i used two connectors to bridge the gap betweent he bolt and metal and measure how much it is loose by, just because i'm pissed about how close it is right now.

Last edited by rtkelly; 08-07-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 PM
olblue75
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

There should a GM number on it somewhere, might have to pull it from the car an flip it over.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:47 PM
ersatz928
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 457 Posts

Probably that threaded stud (the "bolt) is press-fit into the black plastic body of the power board, and it got overtightened and now spins in the plastic. Take it out, and pull out the loose stud, drill the back of the plastic and replace the stud with a regular bolt and nut. I would not run/drive the car with a loose intermittent connection to the battery...who knows what kind of voltage transients that is creating that might damage the cars electronics......

Last edited by ersatz928; 08-09-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Part number for battery assembly/power board thing?

Quick Reply: Part number for battery assembly/power board thing?