C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDP Motorsports, Sandy Utah, Who Knew?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 05:00 PM
desmophile
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 85 Posts
Default JDP Motorsports, Sandy Utah, Who Knew?

Writing this thread so that others in the region (SLC area) are aware of a great resource for C7 maintenance/tuning/upgrades of all sort, JDP Motorsports in Sandy Utah, jdpmotorsports.com . I am new to Corvettes, 2017 Z06 with now 8k on the clock, more than half at the track-Utah Motorsports Campus- and didn't know about JDP. A couple of months ago I was at a NASA track day and watched a silver Grand Sport going wicked fast and smooth. So I wandered around the garages and found it and asked the guy sitting beside it if he was driving, introduced myself as a Z06 newbie, complimented his driving, and wondered if he did instruction as well. He does!
I had been wanting an instructor for my wife and myself who had experience in the C7 platform. Jordan says lets see if we can work something out and hands me his card, Jordan Priestly, President JDP Motorsports. Wow. Seems like just a regular guy and willing to talk to and graciously take on instructing an old guy and his wife. I go home and google his company and racing efforts. My goodness, he is a winner in national series. Now I understand why I was impressed with his driving!

So I had his shop install a catch can and some adjustable rear toe links and align the car. And that went great, car turns and steers the best it has. Thanks guys at JDP!

This past Saturday and Sunday Jordan was not away racing so he was at a NASA day and gave my wife and I instruction both days. What a great experience!! He is very enjoyable to work with and we both learned a lot.

I had Jordan drive half a session so I could watch what he does, and record it on the PDR for later review/comparison to my lame efforts. Oh my goodness, that was worth the price of admission!!

So, for any of you in the region that want some C7, or Camaro...., upgrades, I would give JDP a bit thumbs up. The shop probably won't be any power upgrade work from me (maybe cooling upgrades). Riding with Jordan made it painfully obvious that my driver needs major upgrade The Z does not need more power to run away from any street car I have seen out there. A GT3rs that I have to work hard to keep up with when we are both on Cup 2s, was easy pickings for Jordan, and we had the car on MPSS tires which he prefers when giving instruction.

I also got a check ride and graduated to HPDE4, so it was a great weekend.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by desmophile
Writing this thread so that others in the region (SLC area) are aware of a great resource for C7 maintenance/tuning/upgrades of all sort, JDP Motorsports in Sandy Utah, jdpmotorsports.com . I am new to Corvettes, 2017 Z06 with now 8k on the clock, more than half at the track-Utah Motorsports Campus- and didn't know about JDP. A couple of months ago I was at a NASA track day and watched a silver Grand Sport going wicked fast and smooth. So I wandered around the garages and found it and asked the guy sitting beside it if he was driving, introduced myself as a Z06 newbie, complimented his driving, and wondered if he did instruction as well. He does!
I had been wanting an instructor for my wife and myself who had experience in the C7 platform. Jordan says lets see if we can work something out and hands me his card, Jordan Priestly, President JDP Motorsports. Wow. Seems like just a regular guy and willing to talk to and graciously take on instructing an old guy and his wife. I go home and google his company and racing efforts. My goodness, he is a winner in national series. Now I understand why I was impressed with his driving!

So I had his shop install a catch can and some adjustable rear toe links and align the car. And that went great, car turns and steers the best it has. Thanks guys at JDP!

This past Saturday and Sunday Jordan was not away racing so he was at a NASA day and gave my wife and I instruction both days. What a great experience!! He is very enjoyable to work with and we both learned a lot.

I had Jordan drive half a session so I could watch what he does, and record it on the PDR for later review/comparison to my lame efforts. Oh my goodness, that was worth the price of admission!!

So, for any of you in the region that want some C7, or Camaro...., upgrades, I would give JDP a bit thumbs up. The shop probably won't be any power upgrade work from me (maybe cooling upgrades). Riding with Jordan made it painfully obvious that my driver needs major upgrade The Z does not need more power to run away from any street car I have seen out there. A GT3rs that I have to work hard to keep up with when we are both on Cup 2s, was easy pickings for Jordan, and we had the car on MPSS tires which he prefers when giving instruction.

I also got a check ride and graduated to HPDE4, so it was a great weekend.
Jordan, Aimee and the rest of the team over at JDP have always been outstanding to work with and I've heard nothing but good things from customers I've referred to them for installs or track set up. Glad you linked up with them!

Quick Reply: JDP Motorsports, Sandy Utah, Who Knew?