C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission reprogram

Old 08-08-2018, 09:20 PM
16mako
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Transmission reprogram

Hello all,
I am installing a LT4 S/C on my LT1 and the shop that is doing it says I have to do a trans retune. Just wondering if it's really necessary? Anybody got any feed back about it would appreciate it. I look at other S/C threads but didn't see anything about it.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:07 AM
Poppacapp
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

If you are making more power... which you will, you will need to adjust the torque management tables in the trans tune also, or more than likely you will have alot of issues with the PCM closing the throttle blade up on you.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:19 AM
16mako
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
If you are making more power... which you will, you will need to adjust the torque management tables in the trans tune also, or more than likely you will have alot of issues with the PCM closing the throttle blade up on you.
I will be making more power your right. I just wasn't real sure if it was necessary or something that the shop wanted to do just to cover the install. I appreciate your reply, thx
Old 08-10-2018, 02:00 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

You car really don't have to have a trans tune, But for performance stand point it will do better if you do. It will need more line pressure for sure if me I would price most tuners will do it in on the cost of a tune on the car..But again some will charge you 200.00 to 400.00 for a trans being tune.. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission reprogram

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission reprogram