C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 Caliper rebuild kit part number

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 10:30 AM
dfettero
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Z51 Caliper rebuild kit part number

What is the Centric part number for a 2016 Z51 front and rear caliper rebuild kits?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:27 AM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

Front Caliper rebuild kits: Centric 143.62059

Rear Caliper rebuild kits: Centric 143.62060

Old 08-16-2018, 09:40 AM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

the rear kits have the silicone rubber dust seals. Not sure if the fronts have silicone dust seals. Be careful removing the dust seals, best done putting the caliper in a vise on the bench. The brake line will drain and unless you booger up the copper washers they are crushed sideways to prevent loss and should seal when you go back together.

Take a round punch with about a 1/8 diameter punch side and grind it to an angle. Then use the angle edge to deform the outside edge of the dust boot.It should start to move out of the caliper. Go slow.... Be careful not to booger up the piston. Also, these kits do not have the caliper split seals, so don't split the caliper in half. I have yet to find a source for the split seals. The new dust boots in the Centric kits can be pushed in by hand.

From there remove the pistons an if you have done calipers before you know the drill.

When I was at the bash, I asked one of the GM tech reps there about bleeding brakes, and he told me we don't need a T2 for bleeding the C7 ABS system. Haven't done an independent check on this info, but the GM rep was quite confident about this and knew a T2 was needed for bleeding the C5 and C6.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

If you didn't screw up and get air in the BPMV you could bleed C5 and C6 brakes without a Tech2. Tech2 has gone by the way side with the C7 cars. Now you need a MDI2 to interface with the car but unless you screw up and get air in the BPMV you really don't need to do the Automated ABS Bleed. When I was installing my Essex AP Racing Front Brake kit the Spiegler Stainless Steel Hose lines were very difficult to get fastened to the stock hard brake lines. While I was struggling with that the fluid level in the master dropped too low and I did get air in the BPMV. I bled the brakes the best I could and then took the car for a drive and slammed the brakes on to get all 4 wheels to ABS. After doing that a couple of times I went back to the garage and rebled the brakes. That gave me a much better brake pedal and after one repeat I had a solid brake pedal.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 Caliper rebuild kit part number

Quick Reply: Z51 Caliper rebuild kit part number