C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will aftermarket wheels void warrant?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 07:45 PM
jnc4558
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Will aftermarket wheels void warrant?

I have searched all over the forum, but I came across only one post back in 2010. I am planning to buy forged aftermarket wheels. My OEM wheels are bent and I don't want to keep fixing them....for many reasons (wasted money, metal fatigue, etc...)

Did anyone here ever heard or experience a denial of warranty claim (powertrain related or otherwise) because of aftermarket wheels?
Old 08-17-2018, 09:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by jnc4558
I have searched all over the forum, but I came across only one post back in 2010. I am planning to buy forged aftermarket wheels. My OEM wheels are bent and I don't want to keep fixing them....for many reasons (wasted money, metal fatigue, etc...)

Did anyone here ever heard or experience a denial of warranty claim (powertrain related or otherwise) because of aftermarket wheels?
Man you will be good on the power train & all other warr. To be able to say you have no warr on what ever they have to prove what you have done to the mod was the cause of that add on mod COULD HAVE CAUSED THAT BREAK DOWN OF WHAT EVER. Like doing a tune to the car could cause the motor to blow up.
The following users liked this post:
jnc4558 (08-17-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I have never heard of warranty being voided in my years of being in various car forums. Your good
jnc4558 (08-17-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 02:13 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

It is possible if you have unexplained issues with hubs, wheel bearings, etc and the wheels are wider, different offset or something, but pretty unlikely.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:58 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Can't imagine, but let's say they are a different size. At a minimum they're a different weight, but if they're a different size, GM could argue that a failure in your hub or spindle or bearing or other suspension part were due to your wheels and you'd have to fight it out.

Not that I expect it. As to the guy who's never seen a warranty voided, you haven't looked very hard! But remember they don't void an entire warranty, just sections affected by your mod. Though that could be "powertrain".

But can a wheel void a warranty for a seat track? No, not that sort of thing.

Last edited by davepl; 08-18-2018 at 10:59 AM.
jnc4558 (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 07:35 PM
jnc4558
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Can't imagine, but let's say they are a different size. At a minimum they're a different weight, but if they're a different size, GM could argue that a failure in your hub or spindle or bearing or other suspension part were due to your wheels and you'd have to fight it out.

Not that I expect it. As to the guy who's never seen a warranty voided, you haven't looked very hard! But remember they don't void an entire warranty, just sections affected by your mod. Though that could be "powertrain".

But can a wheel void a warranty for a seat track? No, not that sort of thing.
I am planning to get the same size and offset anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Will aftermarket wheels void warrant?

Quick Reply: Will aftermarket wheels void warrant?