C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HP Tuner Experience? VS NGauge

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:16 PM
KKC7
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default New HP Tuner Experience? VS NGauge

Anyone have experience with the new HP tuner MPVI2?
I figured I could save time sharing files than having to drive to shop to fix tuning issues. Good drag strip weather is around the corner so need to do some data logging on new build.

Wondering if I should go with the HP Tuner device to data log and fix tune issues or Ngauge?

Any advice?
Old 09-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 358 Posts

I have an Ngauge. So far I love it! They have great support and a Zeitronix afr sensor is basically plug n play. All kinds of signals(about 100). I haven’t done any tuning with it cuz my car is just going on the Dyno after my winter bolt ons: A big reason I bought it was I’m going. E85 and the ngauge will display the ethanol content!!! Nice device. Gary
Old 09-16-2018, 07:20 PM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by KKC7
Anyone have experience with the new HP tuner MPVI2?
I figured I could save time sharing files than having to drive to shop to fix tuning issues. Good drag strip weather is around the corner so need to do some data logging on new build.

Wondering if I should go with the HP Tuner device to data log and fix tune issues or Ngauge?

Any advice?
To log and tune you want the MPVI.
Ngauge can not "see" and log everything that you can with HP Tuners.
Also you can only copy and load tunes created with HP Tuners to the Ngauge, and then from the Ngauge to the car.
There is no way to tune directly from Ngauge. (You can only switch between different tunes loaded on the gauge.)

This is pretty cool though, if you have both because you can keep backups on your Ngauge incase the dealership flashes over your custom tune doing a recall or something.
This way you can load it back on the spot without a laptop, instead of trying to limp back to your tuner on a heavy modified car, or taking the flatbed...
The following 2 users liked this post by MCK_Z06:
HPTuners (09-17-2018), s n v f f (08-28-2020)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:50 PM
KKC7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gary barnes 1098
I have an Ngauge. So far I love it! They have great support and a Zeitronix afr sensor is basically plug n play. All kinds of signals(about 100). I haven’t done any tuning with it cuz my car is just going on the Dyno after my winter bolt ons: A big reason I bought it was I’m going. E85 and the ngauge will display the ethanol content!!! Nice device. Gary
Thanks for your comments. I was thinking about utilizing for data reading also.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:51 PM
KKC7
Instructor

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06
To log and tune you want the MPVI.
Ngauge can not "see" and log everything that you can with HP Tuners.
Also you can only copy and load tunes created with HP Tuners to the Ngauge, and then from the Ngauge to the car.
There is no way to tune directly from Ngauge. (You can only switch between different tunes loaded on the gauge.)

This is pretty cool though, if you have both because you can keep backups on your Ngauge incase the dealership flashes over your custom tune doing a recall or something.
This way you can load it back on the spot without a laptop, instead of trying to limp back to your tuner on a heavy modified car, or taking the flatbed...
Great info thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To New HP Tuner Experience? VS NGauge

Quick Reply: New HP Tuner Experience? VS NGauge