C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me figure out the best build for my goals

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Help me figure out the best build for my goals

Hey all, I have been trying to figure this out for some time now, talked to a couple shops and have been getting different answers everywhere I go. So I am here for real world answers.

The car: 2017 z06/z07 A8

The goals: 9sec capable street car with no nitrous

The plans:

1: max effort stock blower build. (Cam, heads, exhaust, intake, pulleys, pump gas) meth as last resort and I do not want to upgrade fuel system if possible.

2: f194a procharger, cam, exhaust, pump gas, meth. Again, don't want to upgrade the fuel system if possible.

I am looking for the most cost effective build to get what I want. The other dilemma I am having is giving up the bottom end torque and power of a PD blower if I go to a procharger.

I considered a Maggy 2300 but almost everyone I talk to says not to use it. I don't want to do the Whipple 2.9 do to cowl modifications.

I am open to any and all suggestions you all have.

Last edited by Vette_z07; 09-25-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:48 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Do # 1 only chg get the top of the blower from a 2018 car it is better. Then get a bigger tank, plus on the cam 38% more fuel with a good tuner that should get you close if not 2nd set up would be doing a F1X set up on the car with cam & above other with a Circle D converter in the car. Robert
Old 09-25-2018, 10:59 PM
Oh4GTO
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 131 Posts

Your going to be making so much power with a Procharger that it will more than make up for some of that really low TQ. PC will deliver a nice linear power curve that will not run out of steam. Theres also more room to grow.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,218 Likes on 3,459 Posts

As important as what you do, given your goal, is who you get to do it. No matter how you go getting the right builder will increase the probability of avoiding continuing "develop" expenses ad infinitum. Try to find someone who has done as closely to what you want before... and, done so successfully. All the best!.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oh4GTO
Your going to be making so much power with a Procharger that it will more than make up for some of that really low TQ. PC will deliver a nice linear power curve that will not run out of steam. Theres also more room to grow.
I have heard this by many people as well. Thanks for the input
Old 09-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Originally Posted by Avanti
As important as what you do, given your goal, is who you get to do it. No matter how you go getting the right builder will increase the probability of avoiding continuing "develop" expenses ad infinitum. Try to find someone who has done as closely to what you want before... and, done so successfully. All the best!.
I also agree with this and I have not figured out who to go to yet either. I am in Pennsylvania so I was thinking either weapon x or rpm. Debated fasterproms or lmr but they are so far away..

Get notified of new replies

To Help me figure out the best build for my goals

Quick Reply: Help me figure out the best build for my goals