C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Road Race Customers. What're your times?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts
Default LG Road Race Customers. What're your times?

We know the difference between driving a stock C7 and driving a C7 with full LG Aero, Suspension, Power and Cooling mods but we're curious as to what kind of improvements in lap times our customers have seen after putting various LG parts on their car. Curiosity on the topic arose after talking with Rich at Abel about a recent Grandsport build (GT2 Coilovers, G7 Sways, Monoballs, Drop Spindles, Carbon Fiber Hood, CF Splitter) where the customer saw a 6 second drop in lap time after the upgrades!

General Format (not required)
Track:
Time Before:
LG Parts:
Time After:

We look forward to feedback and are happy to give contributors a deal on their next planned mods.

Thanks!

Dane
Old 10-17-2018, 08:53 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 213 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C7 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

My times didn't improve a lot just a little after switching to coilovers/sways but they did give me the consistency I was looking for.
Some of that improvement would also be driver improvement as well tho. As I've been doing a lot of driving this season.

After a few laps the MSRC suspension would get mushy?? The coilovers don't.

I only have 1 event with the wing which was basically a weekend of fighting traffic from forgetting my transponder in qualifying and was actually slower than my PB. The car felt better in the sweeper at COTA and was about 8 - 12 mph faster through the T17/18 and T19 and this is with the rear sway bar moving over and binding up my rear springs. Which that was super cool.

However my "optimal" lap from that weekend was 6 seconds faster than my previous optimal.

Would be super nice to have end plates that aren't fat bricks on the end of the wing.

Current LG parts list
G2 coilovers
G2 swaybars
HD endlinks
MSRC simulators
LG "splitter"
LG wing
AC delete pulley

Old 10-18-2018, 10:02 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by lobsterroboto
My times didn't improve a lot just a little after switching to coilovers/sways but they did give me the consistency I was looking for.
Some of that improvement would also be driver improvement as well tho. As I've been doing a lot of driving this season.

After a few laps the MSRC suspension would get mushy?? The coilovers don't.

I only have 1 event with the wing which was basically a weekend of fighting traffic from forgetting my transponder in qualifying and was actually slower than my PB. The car felt better in the sweeper at COTA and was about 8 - 12 mph faster through the T17/18 and T19 and this is with the rear sway bar moving over and binding up my rear springs. Which that was super cool.

However my "optimal" lap from that weekend was 6 seconds faster than my previous optimal.

Would be super nice to have end plates that aren't fat bricks on the end of the wing.

Current LG parts list
G2 coilovers
G2 swaybars
HD endlinks
MSRC simulators
LG "splitter"
LG wing
AC delete pulley

Ah sending you an email now.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:55 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 213 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C7 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Nobody else uses LG parts hurr?

I'm curious in this as well.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:47 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by lobsterroboto
Nobody else uses LG parts hurr?

I'm curious in this as well.
Same. Maybe I should've put this one in C7Z06 or Autocross section.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:56 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

We currently have 4 of these setups (mono *****, drop spindles, GT2 coil overs (with heavier springs), sway bars, HD toe links and camber kits) running around locally. I got the chance to drive one at Thunder Hill and I can't express how good the car was. I've driven plenty of stock C7Z/GS cars and we even had a 2015 Z07 for a short period of time. I always liked the level of grip the cars could generate, but hated the irregular tire wear, being twitchy on the edge and inconsistent feeling after multiple laps.

This perfectly matched group of parts makes the C7 so much better. The car is insanely more neutral, predictable and easy to drive at the limit. The level of grip is nothing short of amazing and the tire wear is significantly reduced. If anybody wants a 'turn key' suspension package that will make the car handle significantly better, this is it. Each package we've installed on a C7 was the direct result of that person going for a ride in a car that was already equipped with these parts.
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (10-28-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 10:01 PM
formula80_ca
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Track: AREA 27 in Oliver, B.C., Canada
Time Before: 2:25.xx
LG Parts: LG G7 front sway bar
Time After: 2:21.09
Car: 2015 C7 Z51 A8

The only LG part I have added is the G7 front sway bar but it has helped a lot.

Part of my gain in time (4 secs) was down to newer Bridgestone RE71 tires from the 2 year old RE71s of the previous best time, and another part of that gain was driver related after more track time. This track has a few corners that are blind and driver confidence is very important.

It's hard to say exactly how much time I dropped with this mod but my front end grip has been much improved with the new sway bar so I would think it accounts for a good chunk of it.

if you are not familiar with this track here is a video of my last session there.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by formula80_ca
Track: AREA 27 in Oliver, B.C., Canada
Time Before: 2:25.xx
LG Parts: LG G7 front sway bar
Time After: 2:21.09
Car: 2015 C7 Z51 A8

The only LG part I have added is the G7 front sway bar but it has helped a lot.

Part of my gain in time (4 secs) was down to newer Bridgestone RE71 tires from the 2 year old RE71s of the previous best time, and another part of that gain was driver related after more track time. This track has a few corners that are blind and driver confidence is very important.

It's hard to say exactly how much time I dropped with this mod but my front end grip has been much improved with the new sway bar so I would think it accounts for a good chunk of it.

if you are not familiar with this track here is a video of my last session there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FtvjaDyT-o&t=1s
Good to hear! I noticed your mention of our products on a different thread, be sure to mention the forum for a discount next time you order from us!
Old 10-26-2018, 04:42 PM
daleong
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

I have front and rear LG G7 swaybars on my C7 Z51 and I believe it helped overall balance at COTA where there are a lot of sweepers and left right transitions. I've done a 2:33 in an otherwise mainly stock car on stock tires, so..

https://www.tracklaps.net/laplink.php?ID=601

Last edited by daleong; 10-26-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Road Race Customers. What're your times?

Quick Reply: LG Road Race Customers. What're your times?