C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems starting

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Problems starting

I'm wondering if anybody has had this same problem. I just finished putting everything back together from my super charger build and I go to start it after loading the new tune and the car does not want to start. I try to start it. I can hear the starter try to engage but not turn. After a few seconds it tells me that I have power steering issues and to check my charging system. I'm thinking that the charging system message is because the car thanks it's running, it does not see any charge output so gives me that Warning. I also could not disengage the parking brake. I made a short video that might help clarify some of it. One of the other reasons why I think that it's thinks that it's running Is because when I step on the throttle I can hear the throttle body opening and closing, Very strange.

Kind of worried that the PCM might be toast but i can read/write with no issues.

I pulled the codes and this is what came up. Key on engine not running.

0x7E8: P0068 - MAP / MAF - Throttle Position Correlation (Permanent)
0x7E8: P0103 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit High (Permanent)
0x7E8: P0480 - Fan 1 Control Circuit (SES, Pending, Permanent)
0x7E8: P0502 - Vehicle Speed Sensor A Circuit Low (Permanent)
0x7E8: P0691 - Fan 1 Control Circuit Low (SES, Pending, History)
0x7E8: P159F (SES, Pending, Current, History)

I checked all of the fuses under the hood and in the rear.Are there any other locations?

Thanks

Last edited by Ghostnotes; 11-03-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:09 PM
stab1991
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Which supercharger, reason I ask is because I’ve heard of prochrger having an issue with their extension harness for the MAF, still wouldn’t give that problem though. Guessing you have reloaded the tune again? Double check all the connections one more time if above is done. Where is the tune from?
Old 11-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I have the A&A V7 YSi. The code is I'm thinking for the MAF is because I put the 3BAR map on and don't have the scaling right yet.

I found it.

Apparently there is another distribution block just under the fuseblock. It carries the feeder for the steering, electronic brake and fans which correlates with 90% of my issues. The main was loose for whatever reason and all that moving around must have broken the connection. I have AllData which helps me with wiring and just about anything else( I suggest if you are a DIY'er to subscribe). In the end, everything pointed back to that as a source and it was . HOWEVERRRRRRR in the process I broke the dreaded fuseblock tab. So now I have to wait till my new fuseblock comes in to start it. Oh well at least I can put my APR wing on now.......

When all is said and done, I'm either going to put a lock washer on it to make it easier to break loose OR put a little less torque on it and double nut it.....

Last edited by Ghostnotes; 11-05-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,216 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Get in touch with the supercharger people and whoever sold it to you. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Problems starting

Quick Reply: Problems starting