C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick Tick! Range Product??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 02:56 PM
BSSlomovic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Tick! Range Product??

I bought my 12/16 Grand Sport half a year ago with 50 miles on the clock. I bought it to be driven like it was meant to be and damn is it a powerful beast. After 1000 miles I heard a ticking from the rear along with a check engine light. My mechanic thought the problem was with the AFM muffler valve motors and he switched both sides on warranty. The ticking returned soon after along with the check engine light. Upon taking apart the muffler he diagnosed that the AFM "valve" in the muffler was broken and the main Chevy dealership are being asses about replacing the muffler; however, my mechanic said it was OK to drive the car until the issue is solved through whatever means. Now to my question; what would be the results of at this point connecting the Range Technology AFM delete? Would it eliminate the check engine light. Would it mute the ticking? I believe even if Chevy replaces the mufflers this will happen again in the future. Thanks!!
Old 11-05-2018, 08:46 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Probably not. I don't remember how it is programmed, but I think the controller has to sense the valve went through a correct open/close cycle to clear the check engine light.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 PM
HooosierDaddy
Melting Slicks

Received 666 Likes on 275 Posts

Are you talking about the AFM valves (front) or the NPP valves (rear at muffler)?
Old 11-07-2018, 04:23 AM
BSSlomovic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AFM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tick Tick! Range Product??

Quick Reply: Tick Tick! Range Product??