C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halltech intake for LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 09:39 AM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 894 Likes on 538 Posts
Default Halltech intake for LT1?

I want an intake for my GS, and Black Friday seems like a good time to get one. Halltech seems to have the best reviews. When I looked to order one there's a different part number for 2014-2016 vs 2017-2019. Anyone know what changed? I see the old one on RDP's website.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,217 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Just curious, why not simply ask HallTech?
Old 11-23-2018, 06:46 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Avanti
Just curious, why not simply ask HallTech?
Will do, great idea 👍
Old 11-23-2018, 07:33 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

AFE intake looks good too. I like the sight glass.
Mate they both just a tube with a 90 degree bend? They look pretty similar.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:44 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by fatsport
AFE intake looks good too. I like the sight glass.
Mate they both just a tube with a 90 degree bend? They look pretty similar.

Had an aFe low restriction air intake system on my 2014, removed when I sold it, cleaned and reoiled the cotton filter and put it on my 2017 Grand Sport. Their filter is significantly larger in addition to being less restrictive than the OEM. That is why they have a larger filter housing and custom air inlet tube to fit.

That ‘sucking sound’ at WOT is worth the price. Almost as loud as NPP! Very well built and as you say the Window to view the filter lets you clean when it gets dirty. The smaller OEM filter starts restricting flow as it gets dirty. I clean my aFe filter periodically well before the GM suggested 30,000 miles to replace the OEM filter- easy and cheap.

Have been using K&N for years on Vettes etc with MAFs and no issues IF you reoil properly. First you don’t feel any oil with the preoiled filter you receive. You should also NOT when reoiling, just takes time. I use the supplied cleaner and let it dry. Then put the supplied oil on the top ridges only. Wait about an hour and it will wick to most of the filter, that is why it’s colored so you can see. I use very little oil so there are some unoiled spots at the bottom recesses. I put a drop or two on those and in another hour it’s usually all oiled. No oil to contaminate the MAF.

I chuckle when a dealer overfills a dry sump that oil drip from the air filter. The dealer will fix the problem by cleaning the air intake tube and may replace the filter but not replace the MAF as overfilling was their problem and GM won’t reimburse them!

Last edited by JerryU; 11-24-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech intake for LT1?

Quick Reply: Halltech intake for LT1?