C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another C7 Z06 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 11:57 AM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Another C7 Z06 build

I have been planning this build since I bought the car in June. Black Friday has sealed the deal on it happening so here it is.

-Kooks 2" primary with catless x pipe
-Halltech intake
-Ported blower with 103 snout
-Katech 103 tb
-Weapon x stage 3 cam package
-weapon x track attack
-Expansion tank
-Weapon x valve covers
-Alky control meth kit plumbed to a direct port nx lid/ Nx direct port nitrous setup/ Nx max5 controller/ Nitrous outlet dedicated fuel system for nitrous/ Weaponx Low side fuel setup/ Flexsensor/ E85
-9% lower with 2.31 upper
-Ngauge with cubby mount and wideband
-Nitto nt05r on the back with factory rep 19" wheels

Install will be done by Blake @top speed cincy on their mustang Dyno. So...... Horsepower/ torque guesses anyone?

Last edited by Vette_z07; 03-26-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:07 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

That will be crazy!! My 15 made 698whp and 757wtq tuned by jeremy formato. I had AFe CAI, fasterprom thermal plates, 1 7/8 LT catless xpipe, alkycontrol twins 15/15 , cordes upper 2.31 mamo ported TB NGK TR7IXplugs on 91. You are gonna have more boost and also stage III cam. Dunno if you are getiing head ported, frankly mind as well do it while you're there! All told, North of 800WhP and torque will be close to 9**WTQ!!!

I saw you're in PA, this is where i went to tune my car! My buddy lives in Harrisburg area, so we went to a place in Gettysburg, where Jeremy drop once in while for tune LS/LT car!!

Last edited by timmyZ06; 11-30-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:20 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Thanks man, I am not porting the heads, I was told for the money it's not cost effective at all by many different performance shops. I am estimating 750whp if I had to guess. Did you ever race your xarnin the 1/4 with your mods?

Weapon x will be doing the tuning. They tuned our cts-v and we love it so I will have them do this car also. I tried getting with formato 4 different times to schedule the cts-v for a tune in Gettysburg and got the cold shoulder or no response at all from him so that's why I went to weapon x. I originally had plans to ship the c7z to fasterproms and have him do the cam install rest ofothe mods and ftune b he lost that job now also. I can't knock his work though, see many people very happy with his tuning!
Old 11-30-2018, 03:26 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Vette_z07
Thanks man, I am not porting the heads, I was told for the money it's not cost effective at all by many different performance shops. I am estimating 750whp if I had to guess. Did you ever race your xarnin the 1/4 with your mods?

Weapon x will be doing the tuning. They tuned our cts-v and we love it so I will have them do this car also. I tried getting with formato 4 different times to schedule the cts-v for a tune in Gettysburg and got the cold shoulder or no response at all from him so that's why I went to weapon x. I originally had plans to ship the c7z to fasterproms and have him do the cam install rest ofothe mods and ftune b he lost that job now also. I can't knock his work though, see many people very happy with his tuning!
that is exactly why im not doing anymore business with fasterprom!! Complete lack of communication or support! Very poor customer service!!!
Old 11-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
that is exactly why im not doing anymore business with fasterprom!! Complete lack of communication or support! Very poor customer service!!!
If you are from Canada, look up champion motors. They are in Toronto, Kevin margitta does the tuning there and they do amazing work!
Old 11-30-2018, 03:56 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

My 19Z is not getting mods!!!!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
My 19Z is not getting mods!!!!
Why not! Lol
Old 11-30-2018, 04:43 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

I build my cars always by myself!! I do not have time anymore!! Just want to hit push start n go!! BTW LT n catless Xpipe made my C7Z way too loud for my taste. If i would do it again, it would be a catted xpipe!!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

I like obnoxious, turn everyone's heads, **** the neighbors off loud haha. Our cts-v is long tubes, catless, cutouts. I used to do my own work but I don't have the time with work anymore. Luckily with this job taking all my time it allows me to afford a shop to do the work lol
Old 01-31-2019, 09:14 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Gonna give this a bump. I have almost all of my parts and I schedule to drop the car off at weapon x on March 28th.

I have changed the build slightly as well. In addition to what is listed above I added nx direct port nitrous and nx direct port meth. I will be spraying 100 shot and also installing a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous which will supply c16. The car is also going E85 now.

I can't wait to get this car built and back in my hands!
Old 02-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Ls1fury
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like a healthy list of mods, looking forward to seeing your results.
weaponX recently did my build as well. Ben and the gang took great care of me. I would highly recommend them, incredibly knowledgeable group of guys

Curious, is your car M7 or A8?
Old 02-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ls1fury
Sounds like a healthy list of mods, looking forward to seeing your results.
weaponX recently did my build as well. Ben and the gang took great care of me. I would highly recommend them, incredibly knowledgeable group of guys

Curious, is your car M7 or A8?
I am very excited to get this build done. The end of match can't come soon enough lol.

I dealt with Blake (the tuner) when he tuned our cts-v in the fall and loved the results that's why my c7z will he going there also.

My car is A8
Old 06-20-2019, 12:11 AM
Vette_z07
Instructor

So I got the car back about a month ago now. I am very very happy with everything! Below is a copy and pasted review of my experience with blake top speed Cincy also.

Final numbers on a mustang Dyno are:
All motor 729whp/733wtq
50 shot 788whp/805wtq
150 shot 867whp/930wtq!

Ever since I bought my vette a year ago I wanted to modify it and make it my own along with gaining some extra power. I was not sure where to start being new to this platform, so I reached out to a couple shops that specialize in this platform. (four to be exact) two of the shops I never heard back from and or seemed to have no interest in wanting the build do to being to busy or who knows what. One of the shops was helpful but was just too far away for my liking.

The last shop was weapon x Motorsports. When I contacted weapon x I was put in contact with Blake Leonard, he took quite a bit of time out of his day to go over many options I had. Drafted me three different quotes for three different builds to help me decide on the direction I wanted to go.

At this same time (last fall) we were also looking to have the cts-v retuned as we were not happy with the current tune it had from another shop. I mentioned this to Blake and he was more than willing to look at the tune if I emailed it to him. Once emailed he informed me many things were wrong and had no doubt the car was running terrible. He assured me he could tune the car and make it drive with 99% stock manners. This was the test, we took the cts-v to him and he tuned the car. We got the car back and it was incredible how well the car drove along with the best track times to date (.8sec quicker than the previous tuners tune took the car!)

After this experience I was sold that Blake would get the job for my Vette. We spoke many more times, added and subtracted from the build etc. He never gave me a cold shoulder like I was wasting his time etc. We figured out the exact build that was going to happen and I started sourcing parts.

During this time Blake decided to open his own shop called Top Speed Cincy. Blake informed me he was no longer with wxm and was open with me about it all. I wanted Blake doing the build so Top Speed Cincy was the shop to get the build.

Time came to drop off the car for the build. Drove it to Cincy and met with Blake, spent over an hour finalizing build plans etc. We agreed on five weeks for the completion of the build and the build started.

Blake informed me almost daily if not daily with updates of what was being done, any issues that came about, and plenty of pictures of the progress being made. If I had any concerns he answered and resolved them as quick as possible.

Five week deadline was near however the build was taking longer than expected with all of the wiring etc that I specifically asked to be done perfectly with attention to detail to the point it looked as factory as possible. He also ran into issues with a meth solenoid not working and a incorrect nitrous bottle valve that delayed us further. The bad news came, Blake informed me the car would not be ready for our scheduled pickup date. I explained to him that with my work schedule I can't make it out again to get the car before Chevrolet Nationals in Carlisle, PA. Which the car is registered for. At that point Blake stepped up, went above and beyond and said he would trailer the car home for me as soon as it was completed! If there is any way to make bad news much easier to swallow this man did it perfectly.

The car took an extra three weeks past deadline in total. I was informed of every step that was made daily. Pictures, videos of idle, Dyno, purge, everything I ever asked for I received.

Finally! Delivery day is here! I got to see it in person for the first time, hear it for the first time in person, and drive it for the first time since the build was completed. I told Blake I want a very very choppy idle but want the car to have excellent street manners while he was tuning so this was the test. He starts it up on the trailer and idle is perfect, backs off the trailer and up goes the hood. The pictures I been seeing looked wonderful but seeing the car in person put a whole new level of awesome on this car! You can't tell what wires are factory and what were added. You can't tell catch can hoses from factory hoses. Everything is secured with factory looking clamps etc, zip ties are not in these guys vocabulary which is wonderful!

Time for a test drive... I get in the car and it's just sitting there chopping away, car shaking etc. Perfect idle! Put it in gear, idle smooths out like it's a bone stock car. Start our drive, no hesitation, no bucking, no rpm dips, no stutters, burps, hiccups.... Drives like a stock car! Okay, well how about under power..... Roll into it, meth comes in smooth, no massive meth hit to make the car go rich and hiccup etc. The more throttle you gave the harder it pulled. Success! A rowdy idle, drives like stock, has way more power!

so, this past Friday night the blower acquired a bearing squeal within 500 miles since this build was completed. I got in touch with Blake immediately and he told me we would get a game plan together Monday. Monday rolls around and I let Blake know that this car is pre registered for Chevy nationals and we are do to leave in 5 days. Blake tells me he has a replacement ported blower for me, he will be driving to my house on Wednesday (6hrs away) and swapping the blower in my garage for me! Well today was that Wednesday, Blake was here, swapped the blower and drive back to Cincy. My car is 100% and ready to go!

I have dealt with a handful of other shops over the years and have also talked to a handful of other shops. I have never got treated as well as what Blake did, we have never had the cts-v run this good until Blake tuned that car, and I never dreamed the results of my Vette could ever be this wonderful but once again he was there to impress! Then the icing on the cake was how he dealt with the blower issue, just incredible!

So, to my car guys, I know it might be a bit of a trip to Cincy for some of you but I can assure you it's well worth the time to have Blake at Top Speed Cincy assist you with any of your performance needs/goals!
The following users liked this post:
Ls1fury (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:58 AM
douglee25
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_z07
So I got the car back about a month ago now. I am very very happy with everything! Below is a copy and pasted review of my experience with blake top speed Cincy also.

Final numbers on a mustang Dyno are:
All motor 729whp/733wtq
50 shot 788whp/805wtq
150 shot 867whp/930wtq!

Ever since I bought my vette a year ago I wanted to modify it and make it my own along with gaining some extra power. I was not sure where to start being new to this platform, so I reached out to a couple shops that specialize in this platform. (four to be exact) two of the shops I never heard back from and or seemed to have no interest in wanting the build do to being to busy or who knows what. One of the shops was helpful but was just too far away for my liking.

The last shop was weapon x Motorsports. When I contacted weapon x I was put in contact with Blake Leonard, he took quite a bit of time out of his day to go over many options I had. Drafted me three different quotes for three different builds to help me decide on the direction I wanted to go.

At this same time (last fall) we were also looking to have the cts-v retuned as we were not happy with the current tune it had from another shop. I mentioned this to Blake and he was more than willing to look at the tune if I emailed it to him. Once emailed he informed me many things were wrong and had no doubt the car was running terrible. He assured me he could tune the car and make it drive with 99% stock manners. This was the test, we took the cts-v to him and he tuned the car. We got the car back and it was incredible how well the car drove along with the best track times to date (.8sec quicker than the previous tuners tune took the car!)

After this experience I was sold that Blake would get the job for my Vette. We spoke many more times, added and subtracted from the build etc. He never gave me a cold shoulder like I was wasting his time etc. We figured out the exact build that was going to happen and I started sourcing parts.

During this time Blake decided to open his own shop called Top Speed Cincy. Blake informed me he was no longer with wxm and was open with me about it all. I wanted Blake doing the build so Top Speed Cincy was the shop to get the build.

Time came to drop off the car for the build. Drove it to Cincy and met with Blake, spent over an hour finalizing build plans etc. We agreed on five weeks for the completion of the build and the build started.

Blake informed me almost daily if not daily with updates of what was being done, any issues that came about, and plenty of pictures of the progress being made. If I had any concerns he answered and resolved them as quick as possible.

Five week deadline was near however the build was taking longer than expected with all of the wiring etc that I specifically asked to be done perfectly with attention to detail to the point it looked as factory as possible. He also ran into issues with a meth solenoid not working and a incorrect nitrous bottle valve that delayed us further. The bad news came, Blake informed me the car would not be ready for our scheduled pickup date. I explained to him that with my work schedule I can't make it out again to get the car before Chevrolet Nationals in Carlisle, PA. Which the car is registered for. At that point Blake stepped up, went above and beyond and said he would trailer the car home for me as soon as it was completed! If there is any way to make bad news much easier to swallow this man did it perfectly.

The car took an extra three weeks past deadline in total. I was informed of every step that was made daily. Pictures, videos of idle, Dyno, purge, everything I ever asked for I received.

Finally! Delivery day is here! I got to see it in person for the first time, hear it for the first time in person, and drive it for the first time since the build was completed. I told Blake I want a very very choppy idle but want the car to have excellent street manners while he was tuning so this was the test. He starts it up on the trailer and idle is perfect, backs off the trailer and up goes the hood. The pictures I been seeing looked wonderful but seeing the car in person put a whole new level of awesome on this car! You can't tell what wires are factory and what were added. You can't tell catch can hoses from factory hoses. Everything is secured with factory looking clamps etc, zip ties are not in these guys vocabulary which is wonderful!

Time for a test drive... I get in the car and it's just sitting there chopping away, car shaking etc. Perfect idle! Put it in gear, idle smooths out like it's a bone stock car. Start our drive, no hesitation, no bucking, no rpm dips, no stutters, burps, hiccups.... Drives like a stock car! Okay, well how about under power..... Roll into it, meth comes in smooth, no massive meth hit to make the car go rich and hiccup etc. The more throttle you gave the harder it pulled. Success! A rowdy idle, drives like stock, has way more power!

so, this past Friday night the blower acquired a bearing squeal within 500 miles since this build was completed. I got in touch with Blake immediately and he told me we would get a game plan together Monday. Monday rolls around and I let Blake know that this car is pre registered for Chevy nationals and we are do to leave in 5 days. Blake tells me he has a replacement ported blower for me, he will be driving to my house on Wednesday (6hrs away) and swapping the blower in my garage for me! Well today was that Wednesday, Blake was here, swapped the blower and drive back to Cincy. My car is 100% and ready to go!

I have dealt with a handful of other shops over the years and have also talked to a handful of other shops. I have never got treated as well as what Blake did, we have never had the cts-v run this good until Blake tuned that car, and I never dreamed the results of my Vette could ever be this wonderful but once again he was there to impress! Then the icing on the cake was how he dealt with the blower issue, just incredible!

So, to my car guys, I know it might be a bit of a trip to Cincy for some of you but I can assure you it's well worth the time to have Blake at Top Speed Cincy assist you with any of your performance needs/goals!
Excellent to hear a good story every now and again. I have to say, I wouldn't expect that service from any shop moving forward. Shops don't stay in business by taking 12 hr drives round trip and all day delivery/wrench sessions for customers. Haha.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Originally Posted by douglee25
Excellent to hear a good story every now and again. I have to say, I wouldn't expect that service from any shop moving forward. Shops don't stay in business by taking 12 hr drives round trip and all day delivery/wrench sessions for customers. Haha.
I am aware lol. I was very surprised he did it this time. It was never expected that's for sure.
The following users liked this post:
douglee25 (06-20-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Another C7 Z06 build

Quick Reply: Another C7 Z06 build