C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Stator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Dmiles2004
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Default A8 Stator Replacement

For those of you who have this repair completed, how long did the job take and was it successfully completed to your satisfaction?
My 2015 with the A8 may have to under go the same repair.
Thanks.

Last edited by Dmiles2004; 01-08-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Jpena229
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmiles2004
For those of you who have this repair completed, how long did the job take and was it successfully completed to your satisfaction?
My 2015 with the A8 may have to under go the same repair.
Thanks.
I had mine done and so far the problem hasn't returned, the stator is a part inside the torque converter so they replaced the whole converter. How long it takes depends on the dealer, in reality it should only take 1 maybe 1 1/2 days but reality has nothing to do with it. Most dealers will take the car in just to get the job knowing that your car will sit there 2 or 3 days before anybody even looks at it, it took 5 days for mine to get done, so make sure they have a loaner car for you before you drop off your vette. They'll tell you it's only going to take 1 maybe 2 days but don't believe it, the phone calls with the excuses will start soon enough.

Quick Reply: A8 Stator Replacement