C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 C7 Z51 w/3LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 04:25 PM
dgarzoli
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2016 C7 Z51 w/3LT

Is "magnetic ride control" part of the Z51 package? The Z51 includes "Suspension- Z51 performance" ? What does that mean? If not, how bad does one "Need" magnetic ride control? I bought the Monroney label for this car I'm looking at and noticed no mention of the magnetic ride control and am wondering if its part of the Z51 package.

Also-This seem like a good deal on this one- am I wrong? I know the mileage is high given the age, but I would drive it less than the prior owner, so I think the mileage vs. age will even out in a couple years-, which should help hold the future value a bit?. Monroney sticker shows original MSRP in 2016 to be $78,365.00

https://www.baroccimotorgroup.com/in...Corvette/51871

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Yellow_Barocci.pdf (33.2 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Magnetic Ride isn't standard on the base model or Z51. I just looked up the VIN for this car, and it's got the standard non-magnetic FE3 suspension. Base models will have FE2 for magnetic, and Z51 will have FE4. You can find these codes and all the other ones a specific car was built with on a sticker located under the trunk carpet.

You can also check for magnetic shocks by looking in the engine bay for a thick black wire going into the top of each shock absorber.

You don't 'need' it, but it sure is nice to have. Especially if it's had the GM Performance upgrade software installed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage on that one. Focus more on the condition of the car, and whether or not it's got the specific options you want. It's got the competition seats though. Those are really hard to find.

Last edited by Jeff V.; 03-11-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:01 PM
dgarzoli
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
Magnetic Ride isn't standard on the base model or Z51. I just looked up the VIN for this car, and it's got the standard non-magnetic FE3 suspension. Base models will have FE2 for magnetic, and Z51 will have FE4. You can find these codes and all the other ones a specific car was built with on a sticker located under the trunk carpet.

You can also check for magnetic shocks by looking in the engine bay for a thick black wire going into the top of each shock absorber.

You don't 'need' it, but it sure is nice to have. Especially if it's had the GM Performance upgrade software installed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage on that one. Focus more on the condition of the car, and whether or not it's got the specific options you want. It's got the competition seats though. Those are really hard to find.
I've been monitoring the local adds for a while now and know this one has been on their lot for a while it seems. Do you have an opinion on what you think it could be bought for? I've been looking for a 2016 Z51 2lt (minimum) for a while now and they all seem to be priced substantially higher than this one and frankly few if any are 3LT, the competition seats and front camera.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:02 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Originally Posted by dgarzoli
If not, how bad does one "Need" magnetic ride control?
Personal recommendation... but I wouldn't get a C7 without the mag-ride or performance exhaust. To me those two options are must haves. I suggest test driving cars with and without the mag-ride to see if it matters that much to you.

Having the car ride softer or firmer depending on the mode you choose is great. Same goes for the exhaust, it can be quiet or loud with a twist of a ****. One of the reasons I got rid of my previous car was the rough ride and droning exhaust which is why I feel these options are important.
The following users liked this post:
Coyvett (02-03-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 C7 Z51 w/3LT

Quick Reply: 2016 C7 Z51 w/3LT