C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Question Time - Installing C7 PCV lines? Push on only or use button each time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,170 Likes on 5,991 Posts

Default Dumb Question Time - Installing C7 PCV lines? Push on only or use button each time?

My C5s didn't have these push-lock fittings. I see the inside of the "slider ring" thing that secures them is chamfered on one side. It appears it's designed for you to just push the fitting on and the chamfered edge moves it over until it's over the locking ridge and it clicks on. However, this seems to take a good bit of force. So do you just push them on, or do you push the button on the side of them when installing? I don't enjoy learning by breaking things anymore.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
My C5s didn't have these push-lock fittings. I see the inside of the "slider ring" thing that secures them is chamfered on one side. It appears it's designed for you to just push the fitting on and the chamfered edge moves it over until it's over the locking ridge and it clicks on. However, this seems to take a good bit of force. So do you just push them on, or do you push the button on the side of them when installing? I don't enjoy learning by breaking things anymore.

I press the button.
The following users liked this post:
RapidC84B (03-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Dumb Question Time - Installing C7 PCV lines? Push on only or use button each time?