C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinout C7 ECM vss

Old 04-15-2019, 05:33 PM
tonycorvettes
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pinout C7 ECM vss

my 2015 corvette is having intermittent speedo problem ,can someone provide me with some info,,,like show the ecm pinouts for th connector holding the vss output and what cable connector its in ,, I see there are three horozonal cables in the pcm,,,im afraid I may have a bent pin or something,,thanks [email protected] if I talk funny or misspell please forgive me jeff has a problem with that I have been a member atleast 20 years had over 60 corvettes and a grandfather or 4 and a Vietnam vette from the friendly south ,, we don't judge people by there grammar or spelling,,,just saying,,thanks to the good kind people on here ,,,,tony lacava baton rouge la.

Last edited by tonycorvettes; 04-15-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spechecking aholes
Old 04-15-2019, 08:47 PM
ersatz928
CF Senior Member

Liked 268 Times in 206 Posts

The VSS is encoded in a serial bus data stream from the PCM, through the Gateway module, then thru the BCM, then to the Instrument Cluster. There is no simple wire connection that only carries the VSS signal.
Does your instrument cluster intermittently loose all the vehicle data (coolant temp, voltmeter, oil temp....), not just the speedometer?

Last edited by ersatz928; 04-15-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:59 PM
tonycorvettes
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so it is different than the c6 they went to a bus on c7?

Last edited by tonycorvettes; 04-16-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: