C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Monitor System stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 02:55 PM
FlatSpot
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Monitor System stopped working

I bought some new BC Forged wheels for Summer driving and had the store install the ACDelco 13598775 TPMS sensors. The TPMS system worked fine for the first 75-100 miles, but now the system doesn't see any of the sensors. I bought a EL50448 scan tool thinking that I needed to reset them, but the tool didn't work. So I then took the car to the dealer and they tried to scan the TPMS sensors, and got the same results.

Has anyone had this problem before? Will I need to remove the old TPMS sensors from the OEM wheels and have them installed on the new wheels?

Last edited by FlatSpot; 05-10-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:14 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,822 Likes on 2,066 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by FlatSpot
I bought some new BC Forged wheels for Summer driving and had the store install the ACDelco 13598775 TPMS sensors. The TPMS system worked fine for the first 75-100 miles, but now the system doesn't see any of the sensors. I bought a EL50448 scan tool thinking that I needed to reset them, but the tool didn't work. So I then took the car to the dealer and they tried to scan the TPMS sensors, and got the same results.

Has anyone had this problem before? Will I need to remove the old TPMS sensors from the OEM wheels and have them installed on the new wheels?

According to my running notes file, The C7 uses the ACDelco part #13581559 or #13581560 for TPMS. Part numbers can change but that's the last info I show. Nope, more digging shows what you have is correct, 13598775 is a newer part number. I can't help ya, sorry.

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 05-10-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:26 PM
FlatSpot
Heel & Toe

Thank you for the information. I tried doing the auto-connect procedure, but when I put the car into gear from the TPMS learning mode, the learning mode turned off. I read someone else say they had to drive 200+ miles before the sensors picked up.

Last edited by FlatSpot; 05-10-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:43 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSpot
Thank you for the information. I tried doing the auto-connect procedure, but when I put the car into gear from the TPMS learning mode, the learning mode turned off. I read someone else say they had to drive 200+ miles before the sensors picked up.
It's variable. Sometimes the new sensors are read almost as soon as the car gets up to speed other times the system will show the old sensor readings for some number of miles, then figure out they aren't there any more and flash warnings for a day until it recognizes the new sensors. Put 50 or so more miles on the car and then let it sit overnight to see what happens. I had that happen at a track event when I switched wheels. For some reason the car didn't want to recognize the sensors in the track wheels even though it had recognized them at previous events. For a whole day I drove with the warnings coming and going. The next morning everything was fine.

Bill
Old 05-10-2019, 03:46 PM
FlatSpot
Heel & Toe

I'm worried that the dealers TPMS scan tool didn't pick them up when they tried to reset them. Wouldn't they show up when using their tool?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Red86Cfour
Burning Brakes

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

If they don't wake up or the car recognize the sensors after a few miles I might inquire to the store where they got the sensors. I suppose its possible that these sat on a shelf long enough for the batteries to wear out. I've bought OE sensors that were doa. But if you have sensors with a new part number that sort of implies that they're not that old. I dunno, good luck!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Btrav1226
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m having the same issue as you and Bill Dearborn. Sometimes my track wheel sensors work perfect, and sometimes they don’t work at all. this track weekend they worked fine while driving to hotel but 20 mins into my drive I lost the front passenger one. Pulled over, put the car into learn mode, nothing. Did this three times over the course of a 2 hour drive. Then bang all of a sudden it worked. Next morning head to the track and still working. Second lap of my day, all of them gone at once. and i cant get them to come back on. This is getting really frustrating. I’m about to buy a scan tool but it looks like that didn’t work for you either. Have you figured anything out in since your original post?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:14 PM
mariomark
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 66 Posts

Do you need to release air from the tire for it to learn? My other GM car uses the method of setting the car to learn and then you let air out of each tire until the horn chirps, then next tire until all are picked up 2 chirps and done.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

OP - It would be odd that all 4 sensors worked and then stopped working due to dead batteries. A little to coincidental. Did you figure out the issue?
Old 07-13-2019, 08:39 PM
Btrav1226
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just bought the EL50448. Started the car, I put it in Learn Mode via the DIC, and then went around each corner with the EL50448 and it learned all four sensors immediately. I think my problem is that some of my sensors don’t consistently “wake up” when they are supposed to. I think the EL50448 wakes them up when you scan them. Hopefully this continues to work in the future but with how inconsistent these sensors have been I’m not going to bank on it.
The following users liked this post:
evilkid500 (08-16-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS Monitor System stopped working

Quick Reply: TPMS Monitor System stopped working