C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z07 radiator replacment

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 12:35 AM
Vegas Vette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts

Default C7 Z07 radiator replacment

Hey Guys,

Looking for some tech help. I am planning to on some performance upgrades to my 17 Z06 A8.

Unlocked TCM 15% lower pully and a CFS radiator. My question is has anyone swapped out the OEM radiator to a more efficient one? Were you able to remove the OEM one with the hood still installed and can you get it out without affection the AC system.

Can you separate the condenser form the radiator leaving the condenser intact in the car? I had read some Tech data that they had to be removed as a set, which would involve discharging the AC system and removing the AC lines. Which I really dont want to deal with at the house, if that is the case I will just let the shop doing the pulley and Tune do that job.

Thank for and information.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:55 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Do a search for 2019 A8 radiator swap. It's $400 at GMPartsDirect I believe. Something like that. You can find a thread with all the part numbers, the brackets, etc. The core is much larger than our previous gen models and M7's. I have a 2017 Z06/7 having a Z07 makes no diff on engine cooling but having a 2017 M7 (Not A8) does, the M7 get's an additional heat exchanger up front, to aid in cooling. Can't do it for the A8 due to the trans cooler mounted there. I would look into an air to air separate oil cooler, I think LG motorsports makes one and others. It is the number 1 reason engine temps get high the integrated oil heat exchanger with the radiator pushes temps up much higher than just cooling engine oil independently. Oil temps tend to get much higher than water thus it makes the radiator less efficient. I don't own an A8 but I would also look into upgrading your trans cooler. The factory ones are a joke.
The following users liked this post:
Dane@LGmotorsports (06-06-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 12:17 AM
Vegas Vette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the information make sense.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:33 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by razor2430
Hey Guys,

Looking for some tech help. I am planning to on some performance upgrades to my 17 Z06 A8.

Unlocked TCM 15% lower pully and a CFS radiator. My question is has anyone swapped out the OEM radiator to a more efficient one? Were you able to remove the OEM one with the hood still installed and can you get it out without affection the AC system.

Can you separate the condenser form the radiator leaving the condenser intact in the car? I had read some Tech data that they had to be removed as a set, which would involve discharging the AC system and removing the AC lines. Which I really dont want to deal with at the house, if that is the case I will just let the shop doing the pulley and Tune do that job.

Thank for and information.
No need to remove any A/C lines. Taking the hood off would make it easier until you had to realign your hood afterward. Our Radiator would definitely help, it's all aluminum and way thicker than the factory.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 AM
Vegas Vette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Dane,

That helps on the fence on which radiator to get LG, Dewitt's of CFS form DMS. Looking for plug and play no modification of OEM lines or fan.

I am looking hard at you guys oil cooler system I really like it. I think in combination with the radiator I would have no heating issues.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by razor2430
Thanks Dane,

That helps on the fence on which radiator to get LG, Dewitt's of CFS form DMS. Looking for plug and play no modification of OEM lines or fan.

I am looking hard at you guys oil cooler system I really like it. I think in combination with the radiator I would have no heating issues.

Any thoughts?
Dewitt's makes a great radiator with great fitment. We went a little larger on ours so you will have to trim a little plastic piece on the bottom to get it to sit in there (link to the instructions). I can't really comment on the triple pass other than Matt is a friend of ours and he wouldn't put a crappy product out there. As to the oil cooler, the root issue of the Z06 is that the supercharger heat exchanger sits right in front of the radiator compromising its efficiency and I'm a little hesitate to recommend putting another cooler out in front of that area for a street car. An expansion tank/radiator combo may be a little better option for what you're doing with the car.
The following users liked this post:
Avanti (06-07-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z07 radiator replacment

Quick Reply: C7 Z07 radiator replacment