C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2014 Owner from Deerfield Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 11:04 AM
jpmccarth56
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 2014 Owner from Deerfield Illinois

Hi Vette aficionados, I want to start upgrading my 2014 Stingray Z51 for better performance and sound. Two items on my list are Supercharger and exhaust (headers, x-pipe, etc.). Anyone willing to recommend which should be done first? Or does it matter? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-29-2022, 11:26 AM
Gixxerman

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,135 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Magnuson heartbeat TVS 2300 may be a good , but more HP from a Procharger, but more labor intensive to install. I went with Corsa exhaust, many x-pipes and headers are not available from some major companies as current government made them illegal in USA.. If your going to do exhaust and x pipe.. get the headers and do that system all at once. I think exhaust first and see what you think...
Old 09-29-2022, 11:34 AM
jpmccarth56
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Appreciate the quick response! I was looking at A&A C7 supercharger because they claim that it is essentially a bolt on (I'm oversimplifying it I'm sure). As for headers and x-pipes there are so many choices, that I don't even know where to begin.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:30 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 1,964 Posts

Originally Posted by jpmccarth56
Hi Vette aficionados, I want to start upgrading my 2014 Stingray Z51 for better performance and sound. Two items on my list are Supercharger and exhaust (headers, x-pipe, etc.). Anyone willing to recommend which should be done first? Or does it matter? Thank you in advance!
I would find a one stop shop that can do the whole package. Otherwise you end up with John's blower, Susan's Exhaust system, Joe;s cam, Ryan's heads, Joe Schmoe's tuning, etc. You might not be happy with the package which has to all work well togerther. Find one guy who has a company that can take you from start to finish and recommend what goes with what and how best to achieve your results.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:29 AM
jpmccarth56
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by aklim
I would find a one stop shop that can do the whole package. Otherwise you end up with John's blower, Susan's Exhaust system, Joe;s cam, Ryan's heads, Joe Schmoe's tuning, etc. You might not be happy with the package which has to all work well togerther. Find one guy who has a company that can take you from start to finish and recommend what goes with what and how best to achieve your results.
I couldn't agree more with your logic. Problem is the one stop shops near me want an arm and a leg to do the labor. They also markup the parts, but I can just purchase those separately and just have them do the install, worse case. Some of the parts I can do myself, but would need certified help on others. Thank you for the response!
Old 10-04-2022, 11:51 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 1,964 Posts

I couldn't agree more with your logic. Problem is the one stop shops near me want an arm and a leg to do the labor. They also markup the parts, but I can just purchase those separately and just have them do the install, worse case. Some of the parts I can do myself, but would need certified help on others. Thank you for the response!
Bigger shops will be able to get you a kit so you can do it your way
The following users liked this post:
jpmccarth56 (10-04-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 06:50 PM
akbeaver
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Buy a Z06

Yep! First buy a C7 Z06 that already has a Supercharger and sounds great!!🤣😂😊
jpmccarth56 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 09:22 PM
jpmccarth56
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by akbeaver
Yep! First buy a C7 Z06 that already has a Supercharger and sounds great!!🤣😂😊
Now why didn’t I think of that?!! Lol