C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to find out the tune in my used corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 10:52 AM
dmatzinger
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to find out the tune in my used corvette

I purchased a 2014 Z51, and i am sure it has aftermarket tune.
I would like to know what tune it is, and or what programmer i need to purchase to be able to access it, change back to stock, or what have you.

Thanks,
Old 05-15-2024, 06:48 PM
ZMC2001
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

HP tuners MPVI 2 or 3. That's what was used to tune my car and how I look at my tunes and record all of the changes. In order to change it back to stock, you will need a stock file. The dealer may be able to flash it back to stock, but you need to be sure there are no aftermarket parts on the car that required the tune.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:53 PM
dmatzinger
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response,
I know at least the AFM delete is done, so looks like going back to stock probably not an option for me?
With the MPVI tuner, do you know if i can change to that without a base or stock file?
Old 05-16-2024, 01:31 PM
ZMC2001
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

What do you mean by AFM delete? Do you mean that AFM was disabled or a camshaft was added in order to physically delete the DOD lifters and the whole AFM system? If the AFM was disabled, then you can probably just set it back to factory perimeters, barring hard, physical modifications that create the need to have it disabled. With the MPVI, if you know what you are doing, you can do anything too the tune you want, so you would just have to know how to do it. Also, if you are looking for a base file post on the HPtuners forum or even here and I'm sure someone could get you a stock file to flash. I would be hesitant to do this, but its an option. If you are sure that there are no hard parts added, your best bet would be to take it to the dealer and have them flash the factory program back on to it imo.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:17 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,124 Posts

Originally Posted by dmatzinger
Thanks for the response,
I know at least the AFM delete is done, so looks like going back to stock probably not an option for me?
With the MPVI tuner, do you know if i can change to that without a base or stock file?
What are you trying to change and why? Is the car running poorly?

As mentioned above, AFM can be physically deleted or tuned out. How that was accomplished on your car matters regarding any changes you may make.

Get notified of new replies

To How to find out the tune in my used corvette

Quick Reply: How to find out the tune in my used corvette