C7 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C7 products, services and promotions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Stinger Hood Stripes - Grill Blackout Kit - Roof bar Blackout kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:28 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C7 Stinger Hood Stripes - Grill Blackout Kit - Roof bar Blackout kits

I am waiting on real photos of the stripes installed on the 7 sets I have already sold but in the mean time here is an idea of what it looks like. We had a learning curve and the first sets didn't fit, now we have the pattern perfected and am ready to move to full production!

So far the Black Metallic has been the hottest seller with flat black being 2nd but we can do most any color for a custom look and we are in the process of designing the full length racing stripes and other designs as well

I have decided to run the preorder price through the end of October and November 1st the price will go to the regular retail.

October Special - $175 including shipping! - Regular Price $225

Roof Bar Blackout kits $60

BEFORE

AFTER

Grill blackout kit - $25

We have cut flat black vinyl that installs over the chrome bar on the grill so the C7 won't look like it's wearing a set of metal braces
Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Coming Soon - Our goal is to have a similar stripe to these into production by the end of the month!!

Pre Order initial price will be $350 and regular price will be $425

We use only the top of the line vinyl that meets or exceeds OEM quality!!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 PM
VetteFX
Racer

Last week for the October sale price!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:39 PM
brian75
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This took a total of 10 minutes to install.

Last edited by brian75; 10-26-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Originally Posted by brian75

Looks AWESOME Brian!! Thanks for posting pics!!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Did you install the grill blackout as well? Pics?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 AM
VetteFX
Racer

OK...I have been working all weekend on getting a website up to make ordering easier. I am not a website guy at all and this is a work in progress LOL....so go easy on my web abilities.

You can now order online at - www.vettefx.com

Thanks again for all of the orders!!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 PM
65vette396
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 119 Posts

have you finished the dual stripe design yet?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 AM
VetteFX
Racer

I will have the dual stripe ready hopefully by the end of next week....if you want to help me by getting me the last few measurements I need I will give you a great deal!! I PMed you also 65vette396

Check out the new website! I have been updating it daily!

We have parts and stripe kits for ALL year Corvettes!!

www.vettefx.com
Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 PM
E.T.D. Corvettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,530 Likes on 2,322 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I think this looks awesome! Is this the carbon flash? If so, how does the carbon flash on the stripe compare with the carbon flash that is on the heat extractor? What was the installation procedure? It looks like you slightly misaligned it at the heat extractor (looks like it's a little to the left)...or is it made that way? Thanks for any info!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:24 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Keep checking out the website....I'm working on getting more stripe kits available as well as getting our hydrographics pages up! If you need any C7 part hydro dipped we can handle any part on the car with our new tank!

VetteFX.com
Old 11-16-2013, 08:29 AM
brian75
Advanced

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
I think this looks awesome! Is this the carbon flash? If so, how does the carbon flash on the stripe compare with the carbon flash that is on the heat extractor? What was the installation procedure? It looks like you slightly misaligned it at the heat extractor (looks like it's a little to the left)...or is it made that way? Thanks for any info!
It was my first time installing the stripe. I was just a little bit off. But its very hard to notice with the hood shut.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:49 PM
VetteFX
Racer

Brian - You did better than most for your first install...myself included! Great job!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 AM
E.T.D. Corvettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,530 Likes on 2,322 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

It was my first time installing the stripe. I was just a little bit off. But its very hard to notice with the hood shut.
I think you did a great job! Most won't notice the offset at all. Any tips on DIY installation?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:54 PM
VetteFX
Racer

Thanks for all of the orders! Please post pics once they are installed.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
65vette396
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 119 Posts

I sent you a PM regarding my stripe.
Thanks.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM
SampsonJ177
Heel & Toe

I also would like to see your response to the questions about the DIY installation. Are the stripes removable if I want to take it off down the road?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Stinger Hood Stripes - Grill Blackout Kit - Roof bar Blackout kits

Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 PM
VetteFX
Racer

The DIY installation instructions are detailed on the website. Each person is different on what activities they can tackle....if you are handy and feel comfortable doing them I can walk you through it fairly easy, if you don't feel comfortable doing them then you probably already know your abilities and most any local tint shop seems to charge anywhere from $40-$50 to install. I am very happy to have you call me and have me spend a few minutes with you walking you through it. I have been a window tinter and vinyl installer for 17 years and I spent 2 years just training new installers....there are people who pick it up right away and there are people who if I spent a month with them would never pick it up lol.

As far as removing the decal later down the road, we change my dads out to a new custom stripe every few months to give his car a whole new look. If you are in an area that gets a decent amount of sun you can set the car outside and pull the decal off with very little work and it will not hurt the paint at all, if you have cold weather a heat gun or even a hair dryer will do the trick as well. If any adhesive is left you can get some 3m adhesive remover from any parts store and just wipe the reside right off. Here in Phoenix we really never need to use any adhesive remover.

If you ever need any phone assistance I am always available, if I don't answer it means I'm probably in the middle of an install myself but leave a message and as soon as I get my install to a point where I can leave it for a few minutes I will always call right back.

Thank you all so much for the inquiries and the purchases!!

Sean - VetteFX.com. *602*502*8468* is my direct cell number.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 PM
bdharris68
Instructor

[QUOTE="VetteFX;1585463945"]The DIY installation instructions are detailed on the website. Each person is different on what activities they can tackle....if you are handy and feel comfortable doing them I can walk you through it fairly easy, if you don't feel comfortable doing them then you probably already know your abilities and most any local tint shop seems to charge anywhere from $40-$50 to install. I am very happy to have you call me and have me spend a few minutes with you walking you through it. I have been a window tinter and vinyl installer for 17 years and I spent 2 years just training new installers....there are people who pick it up right away and there are people who if I spent a month with them would never pick it up lol. As far as removing the decal later down the road, we change my dads out to a new custom stripe every few months to give his car a whole new look. If you are in an area that gets a decent amount of sun you can set the car outside and pull the decal off with very little work and it will not hurt the paint at all, if you have cold weather a heat gun or even a hair dryer will do the trick as well. If any adhesive is left you can get some 3m adhesive remover from any parts store and just wipe the reside right off. Here in Phoenix we really never need to use any adhesive remover. If you ever need any phone assistance I am always available, if I don't answer it means I'm probably in the middle of an install myself but leave a message and as soon as I get my install to a point where I can leave it for a few minutes I will always call right back. Thank you all so much for the inquiries and the purchases!! Sean - VetteFX.com. *602*502*8468* is my direct cell number.[/QUOT

Sean

I called and talked to you this morning about ordering a strip kit and you said you
was going to call me back after your install. I would like to order a kit and called you back but never got ahold of you. Please give me a call tomorrow.

Thanks

Billy
Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 PM
VetteFX
Racer

[QUOTE=bdharris68;1585464381]
Originally Posted by VetteFX
The DIY installation instructions are detailed on the website. Each person is different on what activities they can tackle....if you are handy and feel comfortable doing them I can walk you through it fairly easy, if you don't feel comfortable doing them then you probably already know your abilities and most any local tint shop seems to charge anywhere from $40-$50 to install. I am very happy to have you call me and have me spend a few minutes with you walking you through it. I have been a window tinter and vinyl installer for 17 years and I spent 2 years just training new installers....there are people who pick it up right away and there are people who if I spent a month with them would never pick it up lol. As far as removing the decal later down the road, we change my dads out to a new custom stripe every few months to give his car a whole new look. If you are in an area that gets a decent amount of sun you can set the car outside and pull the decal off with very little work and it will not hurt the paint at all, if you have cold weather a heat gun or even a hair dryer will do the trick as well. If any adhesive is left you can get some 3m adhesive remover from any parts store and just wipe the reside right off. Here in Phoenix we really never need to use any adhesive remover. If you ever need any phone assistance I am always available, if I don't answer it means I'm probably in the middle of an install myself but leave a message and as soon as I get my install to a point where I can leave it for a few minutes I will always call right back. Thank you all so much for the inquiries and the purchases!! Sean - VetteFX.com. *602*502*8468* is my direct cell number.[/QUOT

Sean

I called and talked to you this morning about ordering a strip kit and you said you
was going to call me back after your install. I would like to order a kit and called you back but never got ahold of you. Please give me a call tomorrow.

Thanks

Billy
Billy, I will call you first thing in the morning, my cell phone battery died and I got your message when I got home which I think was after 9pm your time. I actually just cut your stripe that we discussed earlier so it's sitting here ready to ship

Or, if you are up, feel free to call me in the next 1/2 hour or so

Thanks!

Sean - VetteFX.com

Quick Reply: C7 Stinger Hood Stripes - Grill Blackout Kit - Roof bar Blackout kits